so, the terrorists win... - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Why do I have to submit to a virtual strip search? Why does some TSA yahoo get to look at my tits? Are there no explosive-sniffing dogs? Are there no other detectors to find this shit?

How much more bullshit will people put up with to remain "safe"?
I gotta say, I really don't understand this logic at all. If they told me that they could eliminate the possibility of terrorist attacks on airplanes by sticking a probe up my ass that makes christmas lights shine out of my eyes. I'm all for it.

It might make me reconsider driving to Denver instead of flying, but thems the breaks.

I've flow NW Amsterdam to Detroit a dozen times and will make that trip again in April. I'd like to make it back.
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I could think of ten ways to bring down a plane. But I won't post them.

The best thing to do would be to put passengers suspended animation, like they do on all the Sci- Fi films. Why does one need to do anything but travel?

Seriously give everyone a couple of ambiens and strap em in until the plane lands.
Disagree. All it takes is one "isolated extremist" to hold that Ambien in his mouth and spit it out later and he'd be able to act with impunity on that plane.
__________________

__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #138
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
They could always go back to altitude-detonated bombs in checked luggage or an "isolated extremist" on the ground with a shoulder-fired rocket launcher.
And once again your profiling wouldn't stop this, so what's your point?
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #139
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
I gotta say, I really don't understand this logic at all. If they told me that they could eliminate the possibility of terrorist attacks on airplanes by sticking a probe up my ass that makes christmas lights shine out of my eyes. I'm all for it.
I refuse to live in fear, and I refuse to give up whatever Constitutional rights I still might have because some idiot wants to set his nuts on fire. It has to end somewhere, or soon we'll have nothing left.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:23 PM
What constitutional rights are you giving up? The right to keep your shoes on?
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #141
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Search and seizure.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Don't fly.
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:23 PM
This whole thread reminds me of this clip.

YouTube - Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #144
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Don't fly.

That's not a solution. That's rolling over and showing your belly and letting anyone do whatever they want. I'm not willing to give up that easily. The TSA and the Fatherland Homeland Security department are still agents of the United States government and still have to follow the Constitution. At some point reasonableness has to come back.

What else do I "don't" do because it's easier for everyone to give up rather that insist on rights?
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:23 PM
You don't think there's any reasonable reason to have security measures before boarding an airplane?
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #146
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
You don't think there's any reasonable reason to have security measures before boarding an airplane?
Please quote me where I said that.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Note the question mark at the end of my sentence. I've always agreed with John Lennon, "Give punctuation a chance."
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:21 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
They could always go back to altitude-detonated bombs in checked luggage or an "isolated extremist" on the ground with a shoulder-fired rocket launcher.
There are countermeasures for those already - maybe not used widely however (except for El Al).
__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #149
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Note the question mark at the end of my sentence. I've always agreed with John Lennon, "Give punctuation a chance."
I'm standing by my declarative sentence.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
That's not a solution. That's rolling over and showing your belly and letting anyone do whatever they want.
But you'd give up flying with no fuss if you were told it was necessary to save the planet?
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U2's christmas cards 2009: Win a t-shirt or album+single Regina O'Numb Everything You Know Is Wrong 1 12-31-2009 12:13 PM
The 2009 Formula One Thread. Accept No Imitations. cobl04 Put 'Em Under Pressure 86 10-21-2009 08:26 AM
Win A Britney Spears-style Wedding ABEL Free Your Mind Archive 20 03-04-2004 12:49 PM
Your Opinion: *SHOULD* U2 Win A Grammy For Album Of The Year For ATYCLB? Michael Griffiths Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 29 12-13-2001 09:17 PM
Question Regarding Terrorists 80sU2isBest Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 38 10-11-2001 03:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com