Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2 - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind

Old 07-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #241
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum9035 View Post
Exactly. I'm not being sarcastic either.

Due to this country's history of slavery and systematic racism against African-Americans by angry white republicans, I strongly believe that African-Americans shouldn't be policed by this racist white system. Due to all these racist shootings and situations where African-Americans have been harassed and discriminated against by these white cops, laws should be passed prohibiting white police from detaining, arresting, and generally dealing with African-Americans without a officer-of-color being present. African-Americans have been victimized by this racist system and are often forced into situations where they commit crimes at a disproportionate rate. Given their terrible track record, If a white cop responds to a violent crime, such as an armed robbery, and the suspect is an African-American, the white cop can't be trusted to respond with a reasonable level of force and should therefore not engage. Remember, the minority "suspect" is a victim of systematic racism.

Furthermore, African-Americans should be compensated for all they've had to endure in this country. Police should be required to use more discretion in dealing with African-Americans and they should be more lenient in regards to certain petty "crimes", especially when a white person is the supposed "victim." African-Americans have been victimized by this racist white system for 100s of years so some "payback" might be in order.

African-Americans also deserve financial compensation for all they've endured. I'm all for tax breaks and other entitlements for minority groups. White privilege is a reality and these racist white right wingers and Trump supporters need to pay up.

So fight racism with segregation? That's just as ignorant as the problem itself.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 07-17-2016, 04:41 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:

Due to this country's history of slavery and systematic racism against African-Americans by angry white republicans, I strongly believe that African-Americans shouldn't be policed by this racist white system. Due to all these racist shootings and situations where African-Americans have been harassed and discriminated against by these white cops, laws should be passed prohibiting white police from detaining, arresting, and generally dealing with African-Americans without a officer-of-color being present. African-Americans have been victimized by this racist system and are often forced into situations where they commit crimes at a disproportionate rate. Given their terrible track record, If a white cop responds to a violent crime, such as an armed robbery, and the suspect is an African-American, the white cop can't be trusted to respond with a reasonable level of force and should therefore not engage. Remember, the minority "suspect" is a victim of systematic racism.

Furthermore, African-Americans should be compensated for all they've had to endure in this country. Police should be required to use more discretion in dealing with African-Americans and they should be more lenient in regards to certain petty "crimes", especially when a white person is the supposed "victim." African-Americans have been victimized by this racist white system for 100s of years so some "payback" might be in order.

African-Americans also deserve financial compensation for all they've endured. I'm all for tax breaks and other entitlements for minority groups. White privilege is a reality and these racist white right wingers and Trump supporters need to pay up.
If you're not being sarcastic, you're bonkers.

We should let African Americans get away with crimes and victimize white people because of what went on 150 years ago?

And white police have to let African Americans get away with crime because of a few examples of misused force?

So basically you're suggesting lawlessness, but only for African Americans?

That'll restore harmony in the country.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

I love those Purge movies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #244
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i love those purge movies!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
right! Purge these racist white trash republicans and trump supporters and send them back to europe!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'm sure the Republican National Convention starting this week will help build a few bridges.

Oh, wait, I meant burn some more bridges. Burn the fuck out or them. Twice. Then build them back and burn them again.

'White Elevators' Cause Consternation at RNC Site : snopes.com
Old 07-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #246
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
right! Purge these racist white trash republicans and trump supporters and send them back to europe!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #247
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Back to Europe???
Hey, they're Americans, US citizens. So you can keep them.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:13 PM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

oh how wonderful, just when i thought the level of discourse around here couldn't get any higher someone swoops in to prove me wrong.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #249
Refugee

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:

Speaking as someone who is favor of reparations and ending mass incarceration and the War on Drugs and massively reforming our criminal justice system, allowing certain people to get away with crimes is a horrible idea.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Good luck finding a police officer who can afford to live in Washington DC. Or San Francisco. Or ...
Eh, you'd be surprised. The salary in San Francisco is contractually obligated to be the second-highest in the nation (usually right behind NYC's), so they could very well afford to live in San Francisco and even purchase a home.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #251
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Eh, you'd be surprised. The salary in San Francisco is contractually obligated to be the second-highest in the nation (usually right behind NYC's), so they could very well afford to live in San Francisco and even purchase a home.

You really are detached aren't you? Just looking at the average police salary of 7 years served and you can barely afford rent in the city.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #252
ONE
love, blood, life

Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2

Quote:

Hell, my software engineering friends who started at $120k/year in San Francisco can't foresee a time when they'll be able to buy houses there.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:15 AM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
Hell, my software engineering friends who started at $120k/year in San Francisco can't foresee a time when they'll be able to buy houses there.

They just need to take a course in Bernie Math! Then they'll be rich. ;-)
Old 07-18-2016, 12:17 AM   #254
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post

I'm so jealous of any type of engineer who starts north of 90, even location adjusted.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #255
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Lolz

First off, the NYPD doesn't even have the highest paid police officers within the New York Metropolitan Area, by a long shot. So that's just plain wrong.

Starting salary is $42k. After differential and OT maybe they're bringing home 50k.

By year 5 the salary for the rank and file is 78k, or 88-90k after OT/diff, or just enough to pay for a shitty one bedroom.

There's a reason why so many cops live just outside of the city limits, and why many double their hours with overtime (great way to keep them fresh!)