Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 4 - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #421
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:35 PM
I enjoy how STING is going to blame liberals for this when multiple networks reported it, including FOX.

It's the media's fault, not ours. They got duped.

Palin's a moron, regardless of whether or not she knows what Africa is.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 03:35 PM
YouTube - Martin Eisenstadt responds to "The Last Republican"

Some people have lots of time on their hands.
__________________

__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #423
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I enjoy how STING is going to blame liberals for this when multiple networks reported it, including FOX.

It's the media's fault, not ours. They got duped.

Palin's a moron, regardless of whether or not she knows what Africa is.
They reported an allegation, some people here automatically believed it to be fact.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #424
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post

Palin's a moron, regardless of whether or not she knows what Africa is.
Yup. We have plenty of examples of that right out of her own mouth. In fact, right now I'm watching CNN where they're talking about her interview with Wolf Blitzer from earlier today. He asked a question about the auto industry bailout. They're saying she showed no understanding of the issue. How can someone who was so close to the presidency just days ago be so blatantly stupid?
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #425
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
They reported an allegation, some people here automatically believed it to be fact.
What about the allegation that Obama didn't have a proper birth certificate/is a secret Muslim/Socialist/Terrorist...

all allegations that turned out to be unfounded but several people here as well as in my own political circles believed to be the news from the angels of God, written into the final chapter of the Bible about the impending Obamapocalypse??

You're right. I wanted a VP who is able to cook Moose hot dogs while giving an interview to the press.

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #426
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
They reported an allegation, some people here automatically believed it to be fact.
You have no idea what the point of my post was, clearly.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Yup. We have plenty of examples of that right out of her own mouth. In fact, right now I'm watching CNN where they're talking about her interview with Wolf Blitzer from earlier today. He asked a question about the auto industry bailout. They're saying she showed no understanding of the issue. How can someone who was so close to the presidency just days ago be so blatantly stupid?
Watch out! Achtung Baby! The bailout is a fiasco that the federal reserve was pressuring ALL parties to pass it and it's failing big time. That's what happens when politicians aren't economists and have to listen to their advisors who are Keynesian to the hilt.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #428
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Watch out! Achtung Baby! The bailout is a fiasco that the federal reserve was pressuring ALL parties to pass it and it's failing big time. That's what happens when politicians aren't economists and have to listen to their advisors who are Keynesian to the hilt.
So you're saying that because they're not economists by trade, that politicians shouldn't concern themselves with informing themselves about economic issues?

It's not that she expressed a Keynesian view, it's that she wasn't able to express any view. Also, far be it for me to comment even superficially on an economic matter as a non-economist, but wouldn't an auto industry bailout be significantly less complex than the overall banking/financial/mortgage industry bailout?


Eta - this is friggin priceless. She wishes she had been given more opportunity to speak to the media during the campaign. The liberal gotcha media that filtered your words, Sarah? What a phony dolt.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #429
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Just the fact that this thread is consistenly in the top three or four threads a week after the election is something that concerns me - Obama won!!! And yet those who never liked Palin are still ranting and raving about her. It's hilarious really. Can't you just bask in the win of your candidate instead of beating a dead horse..."she said that" " she said this" " she didn't know Africa was a continent" "she did know that Africa was a continent" " she didn't have an answer to the Auto industry bailout" (who does?) " etc. etc. It's ridiculous and it is the reason that some Republican's love her - she really gets under the skin of the left. Despite hating Republican policies I think that is what I like about her as well - she really gets under the skin of the left - and that can't be a bad thing. Can it?
__________________
Harry Vest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #430
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 06:35 PM
She's still in the news.
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #431
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 06:35 PM
^ She has been kind of hard to avoid lately. And with quotes like these:

Quote:
No, no, because, uh, you know, I'm sure that some of my impatience showed through, in that, uh, in that interview, um, I think it also showed though that certainly as a Washington outsider and as somebody not, um, not, uh, not one ta, uh, justa, I guess kinda play even the, the campaignin' media game that is played in, in, um, just, um repeatin' perhaps memorized lines in a in an interview, that's not me.
It's kind of like a car accident on the highway . . . hard to look away from the carnage.
__________________
kellyahern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #432
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 06:35 PM
She's just so much fun, Harry. You don't see this kind of ineptness at this level every day, so it's mighty amusing to watch. She never fails to deliver the LOLs. And now that the election is over, we can enjoy the giggles.
__________________
indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #433
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
She's still in the news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
^ She has been kind of hard to avoid lately. And with quotes like these:

It's kind of like a car accident on the highway . . . hard to look away from the carnage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
She's just so much fun, Harry. You don't see this kind of ineptness at this level every day, so it's mighty amusing to watch. She never fails to deliver the LOLs. And now that the election is over, we can enjoy the giggles.
Oh no, it can't be logical reasons like these! It must be that we're liberal, she gets under our skin, and we fear her. Yup. Must be.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #434
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Just the fact that this thread is consistenly in the top three or four threads a week after the election is something that concerns me - Obama won!!! And yet those who never liked Palin are still ranting and raving about her. It's hilarious really. Can't you just bask in the win of your candidate instead of beating a dead horse..."she said that" " she said this" " she didn't know Africa was a continent" "she did know that Africa was a continent" " she didn't have an answer to the Auto industry bailout" (who does?) " etc. etc. It's ridiculous and it is the reason that some Republican's love her - she really gets under the skin of the left. Despite hating Republican policies I think that is what I like about her as well - she really gets under the skin of the left - and that can't be a bad thing. Can it?
Harry, you just don't get it do you? She's not under our skin. She's just entertaining!

It's hilarious that you or any Republican took her seriously. That's why she's news, because she makes W look smart. We never thought that would happen. The fact that Republicans made that mistake again is hilarious.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #435
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 08:35 AM
You laugh, now.
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com