Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #316
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
3 months after 9/11. Still kinda working out things out. The No Fly list had just been created, Homeland Security was still months away for example. But if you're arguing for consistency then I would agree.

do you think our justice system is incapable of dealing with people like the shoe-bomer and the undie-bomber?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
3 months after 9/11. Still kinda working out things out. The No Fly list had just been created, Homeland Security was still months away for example. But if you're arguing for consistency then I would agree.
To summarize:

"Republicans were in control. So, it's cool."

Old 02-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 PM
Does or did anyone think Bush / Cheney would let Reid get off on a technicality?
Come on, we all knew he would never see the light of day again,
and good chance Cheney made sure he got some enhanced interrogation, off the books, of course.

Now, Obama and Holder?

They will have this fancy pants guy all lawyered up with ACLU - Kuntzler and innocence project types.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #319
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Does or did anyone think Bush / Cheney would let Reid get off on a technicality?
Come on, we all knew he would never see the light of day again,
and good chance Cheney made sure he got some enhanced interrogation, off the books, of course.

Now, Obama and Holder?

They will have this fancy pants guy all lawyered up with ACLU - Kuntzler and innocence project types.
Bullshit.

If Cheney had the DOJ doing enhanced interrogation, it would have come out, mark my words. Reid was Mirandized 2 times, was lawyered up, put on trial, convicted and jailed for life.

You have to get serious here Deep when you make these accusations about Obama and Holder. What do you base this assertion on? Tell us.

Do you even know what Eric Holder's previous job was? He was a federal prosecutor in DC who put some of the most dangerous street criminals in this country in jail. He could tell you and everyone else on here attacking him a thing or two about dealing with, getting information from and punishing extremely dangerous people. He is no squishy ACLU type.

Obama and Holder will be PROSECUTING, that is, bringing the case against him. He will be appointed a lawyer BY THE COURT, not Obama, not Holder. Said lawyer will not be from the ACLU.

The innocence project is a PRIVATE ORGANIZATION merely advocates DNA testing to determine guilt or innocence for death row inmates. Nothing to do with this.

The Christmas Day bomber will meet the EXACT SAME FATE, LIFE SENTENCE as Richard Reid. This guy will not get off on a technicality, and if he does, make sure you PM me so I can get you the deed to my house, my car, my credit card and atm numbers, all for your own personal use. That is how sure I am that he will not get off.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #320
Refugee

I think you missed out on a little sarcasm
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
do you think our justice system is incapable of dealing with people like the shoe-bomer and the undie-bomber?
Bet I have more faith in our justice system than you have in our CIA or Military interrogators to gather valuable information from detainees without resorting to torture.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 PM
Under which system would you want to be charged or questioned?

Which system do you think is more likely to get a false positive?
(innocent person held for an extended time and/ or found guilty?)

Which system do you think is more likely to not charge or convict a person that is truly guilty?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Bet I have more faith in our justice system than you have in our CIA or Military interrogators to gather valuable information from detainees without resorting to torture.
How often is the information valuable? How often is it not? How often is the information false?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #324
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

think about that one again.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #325
ONE
love, blood, life

AS I said earlier - Go Scott Brown! The topic of the thread as I remember it. Nice to see some in here are still bullying and up to the same old same old.

I will be back in a few to celebrate a Republican representative to the House of Representatives from the district that Sen. Kennedy resided in, and a Republican Governor.

As for the current state of affairs...until every incumbent is tossed out and we start fresh...nothing will change on either side.

PLEASE SOME MOD CLOSE THIS THREAD IT IS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR THE STARTING TOPIC