Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:05 AM
I guess that came for this bit:

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: Don't Say I Didn't Warn You
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
That is EXACTLY why I voted for the man. No one, and I mean NO ONE like pillaging more than me.

Have fun
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,979
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Let's not forget this is the date last year when Obama gave his convention speech...Or is this day just off-limits for conservatives?
You honestly think that Obama paying homage to a man who was literally responsible in some ways for the fact that he was standing where he was on that day (that combined with Obama's own work and determination and intelligence) is comparable to someone like Glenn Beck advancing his own agenda? If so then Glenn Beck can pick a day to pay homage to a very wealthy white man who was partly responsible for his success (who was also a whackadoodle-but that's my editorial addition). I guess he's trying to say that some people are being discriminated against or enslaved by something-that's clearly what the implication is. That's subjective. The discrimination against blacks was and is not-unless someone is of a certain mindset that denies that it was/is.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 06:05 AM
I have a dream too. It involves punching Glenn Beck in the face repeatedly.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
If so then Glenn Beck can pick a day to pay homage to a very wealthy white man who was partly responsible for his success (who was also a whackadoodle-but that's my editorial addition).
April 20
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
The Fly
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 285
Local Time: 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Glenn Beck, in my humble Libertarian view, is alright.
Glenn Beck, in my humble libertarian view (being a libertarian is vastly different from being a member of that political party!!) is an idiot.
__________________
beau99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Geez, do the right have any popular spokespeople that aren't hucksters?


George Will seems pretty reasonable. But I guess you gotta be over-the-top these days to get people to pay attention.

Who do we have on the left that behaves like this? Michael Moore? John Stewart, Bill Maher. . .but they're comedians. I wouldn't have a problem with Beck if he were more transparent about this being his schtick. Whose the guy that 2861 is always complaining about? Olberman. I don't think I've ever seen him. . I guess he's on MSNBC? Is he having rallies and writing books and developing 100 year plans?

It's not just that I disagree with the views of Beck and his type, though I do. It's the cyncism, the manipulation, that really gets to me. There's no honest opposition on the right, or if there is, it's being drowned out by these clowns.

Even in here, otherwise smart people seem to fall back on parroting the lazy fearmongering these types promote. Just once I'd like to see a cogent, thoughtful, and compelling conservative argument that doesn't fall back on the "Obama is going to destroy America" hyperbole.
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Bill Maher definitely is like that, but I'd say that most of Jon Stewart's actual points are quite on target, even if he sometimes dresses them up in over-the-top humor to make them.

And Keith Olbermann is like a mirror image of Bill O'Reilly. I don't know how he got into politics, though. Quite frankly, I always knew him as "that guy who used to anchor Sportscenter" up until a year ago or so.



Duh-nuh-nuh! Duh-nuh-nuh!
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,979
Local Time: 05:05 AM

NY Daily News

As the Tiger Woods affair scandal roils, right-wing radio hosts Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are gleefully using the brouhaha to stoke the fires of controversy.

On Tuesday's episode of "The Glenn Beck Program," Beck asked listeners a "Christmas question" as the carol "Do You Hear What I Hear?" played in the background.

"Do you believe Tiger Woods may actually be O.J. Simpson?"

A dumbfounded guest responded, "Is that a Christmas question?"

Beck persisted, prompting another guest to respond, "I think the thing with O.J. was the murder, wasn't it?"

Undeterred, Beck referred to the 911 call placed from Woods' home early Monday morning.

"Well, there was a woman taken to the hospital last night at O.J.'s, er, I mean, I'm sorry, Tiger's house," Beck said.

His guest interjected, "Nobody believes it was an assault."

"I'm not saying it was an assault or anything else," Beck said. "I'm just ... you know, Tiger ... we're starting to lose control here."

The panel, in a bizarre attempt at satire, then suggested Woods implicate himself in absurd criminal activity he could subsequently retract to lessen the sex scandal's stain on his reputation.

"I want him to have ACORN-underage-El Salvadorian hookers in his basement ... that's what I'm leaking ... so he can say, 'No, that was just ridiculous.' "

The Web quickly reverberated with commentary alleging racist undertones in the broadcast, TheAtlanticWire.com reported.

Limbaugh, too, has waded into the controversy with a racially provocative statement.

On Tuesday's edition of "The Rush Limbaugh Show," the right-wing radio firebrand sounded off on "the black frame of mind" and the disappointment he claims the African-American community feels toward the Obama presidency.

"The black frame of mind is terrible. They're depressed. They're down -- Obama's not doing anything for 'em. How is that hoax and change workin' for ya? They're all livid," Limbaugh said.

Blacks are "upset" and "feel abandoned" by Obama and, he added, "I'm sure Tiger Woods' choice of females [is] not helping 'em out with their attitudes there, either."

That the women involved in the Tiger Woods affair allegations are all white has been widely discussed in the black community -- and Woods' already-shaky standing among many African-Americans has taken a bludgeoning.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Glenn Beck, in my humble Libertarian view, is alright.
!
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
NY Daily News

As the Tiger Woods affair scandal roils, right-wing radio hosts Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are gleefully using the brouhaha to stoke the fires of controversy.

On Tuesday's episode of "The Glenn Beck Program," Beck asked listeners a "Christmas question" as the carol "Do You Hear What I Hear?" played in the background.

"Do you believe Tiger Woods may actually be O.J. Simpson?"

A dumbfounded guest responded, "Is that a Christmas question?"

Beck persisted, prompting another guest to respond, "I think the thing with O.J. was the murder, wasn't it?"

Undeterred, Beck referred to the 911 call placed from Woods' home early Monday morning.

"Well, there was a woman taken to the hospital last night at O.J.'s, er, I mean, I'm sorry, Tiger's house," Beck said.

His guest interjected, "Nobody believes it was an assault."

"I'm not saying it was an assault or anything else," Beck said. "I'm just ... you know, Tiger ... we're starting to lose control here."

The panel, in a bizarre attempt at satire, then suggested Woods implicate himself in absurd criminal activity he could subsequently retract to lessen the sex scandal's stain on his reputation.

"I want him to have ACORN-underage-El Salvadorian hookers in his basement ... that's what I'm leaking ... so he can say, 'No, that was just ridiculous.' "

The Web quickly reverberated with commentary alleging racist undertones in the broadcast, TheAtlanticWire.com reported.

Limbaugh, too, has waded into the controversy with a racially provocative statement.

On Tuesday's edition of "The Rush Limbaugh Show," the right-wing radio firebrand sounded off on "the black frame of mind" and the disappointment he claims the African-American community feels toward the Obama presidency.

"The black frame of mind is terrible. They're depressed. They're down -- Obama's not doing anything for 'em. How is that hoax and change workin' for ya? They're all livid," Limbaugh said.

Blacks are "upset" and "feel abandoned" by Obama and, he added, "I'm sure Tiger Woods' choice of females [is] not helping 'em out with their attitudes there, either."

That the women involved in the Tiger Woods affair allegations are all white has been widely discussed in the black community -- and Woods' already-shaky standing among many African-Americans has taken a bludgeoning.
How did Rush get into our every other Tuesday meeting of the Black Community?

. . .

No, Rush isn't racist at all. . .
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I have a dream too. It involves punching Glenn Beck in the face repeatedly.
Just hearing his name intimidates me; one of my coworkers is a huge fan, and also a fellow right-winger.

I've got a tiny picture of Obama over my computer that I actually shift when this guy walks near. The photo says "Hope." To avoid any kind of verbal confrontation, I move it in slightly so it reads "Hop."

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's highly representative of Glenn Beck's fanbase.
__________________
angelordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Glenn Beck's viewership:

YouTube - T.V. shot to death after Saints beat the Redskins 33-30 in OT.

(And if you think that it's lazy, stupid, and stereotypical to post that ... so is Glenn Beck.)

WHO DAT!?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Victim In Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:27 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Quote:
Limbaugh, too, has waded into the controversy with a racially provocative statement.

On Tuesday's edition of "The Rush Limbaugh Show," the right-wing radio firebrand sounded off on "the black frame of mind" and the disappointment he claims the African-American community feels toward the Obama presidency.

"The black frame of mind is terrible. They're depressed. They're down -- Obama's not doing anything for 'em. How is that hoax and change workin' for ya? They're all livid," Limbaugh said.
Of course the article fails to mention that Rush was commenting on clips of Jesse Jackson on a recent television show sounding less than pleased with the President's first year agenda.

But that would be real journalism rather than pushing a point of view.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I had a Dream Justin24 Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 8 04-13-2006 06:44 PM
I had the strangest, most uncomforting dream Danospano Zoo Confessionals 12 03-01-2004 09:24 AM
What did you dream last night? Idaho Lemonade Stand Archive 46 09-22-2003 06:52 PM
Dream killer scatteroflight Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 7 08-14-2001 01:06 PM
When the Night Arrives (David Dream 1) UpwiththeSun Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 06-08-2001 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com