Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
wow, even the World Health Organization is drinking the Poop kool-aid

WHO: Ebola Threatens States, Societies in W. Africa

Key part of that article is the phrase "in West Africa." This is not a threat to the US other than a few isolated cases. There will probably be more European cases simply because of Europe's proximity to Africa. But there will be 10s of cases in the US and Europe, not hundreds of thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I dunno, man. I mean, my Beavis is really good.
I've heard that...oh wait Beavis

Old 10-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #138
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Poop View Post
Yes, hundreds of thousands will contract it. In African, Europe, and other countries. I don't believe that this will kills mass populations in the U.S. or Canada but I do think many people don't fully or truly understand this virus because we haven't dealt with it in this situation. This will kill hundreds of thousands by the time we have things under control.

In terms of contracting this virus... Ebola is present in: Blood, urine, tears, sweat, saliva, semen (for up to 3 months after contraction), mucus, and feces. Yes, it is contracted by direct contact through, open soars, the eyes, the nose, the mouth and throat, and reproductive organs. The virus can also stay alive for hours in a dry state but if left in a wet state can survive for days. If this isn't an easy to contract virus then I have no fucking clue what easy means... Air born? Then fact: if it is present in saliva or mucus then that means that there is an element of being able to contract it via the air.

All you need to do is touch something like a counter top and you can get it. Yes it is more difficult to contract then some other viruses but its much easier than you might think.

I have no idea what the nurse did but I have a feeling that there was a lot of "protocol" broken by many people as many people had no fucking clue as to what they were doing and not to their fault but just a system that is not fully prepared to handle these situations.

Your 3 months numbers seems to be off according to most reputable sources, it's closer to 7 weeks.

Can you post a source citing your info regarding the survival rate outside the body in "dry" state vs "wet" state?

Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #139
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Your 3 months numbers seems to be off according to most reputable sources, it's closer to 7 weeks.

Can you post a source citing your info regarding the survival rate outside the body in "dry" state vs "wet" state?

Here is one to start: The Center's For Disease Control

Q&As on Transmission | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC

"How long does Ebola live outside the body?
Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature."

"If someone survives Ebola, can he or she still spread the virus?
Once someone recovers from Ebola, they can no longer spread the virus. However, Ebola virus has been found in semen for up to 3 months. People who recover from Ebola are advised to abstain from sex or use condoms for 3 months."
Old 10-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #140
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
Key part of that article is the phrase "in West Africa." This is not a threat to the US other than a few isolated cases. There will probably be more European cases simply because of Europe's proximity to Africa. But there will be 10s of cases in the US and Europe, not hundreds of thousands.

You said it would never turn into a "Global Pandemic" with hundreds of thousands which I do agree with.

So... No, I don't think there will be hundreds thousands in the U.S. but I do believe that hundreds of thousands will become infected and/or die. May be not in the pandemic sense but Africa may go up in flames in front of our eyes.

But I also think if not controlled right you will see hundreds/potentially thousands infected in North America because all hospitals are not equipped to handle this... outside of the 4 hospitals (Montana, Nebraska, Maryland, and Georgia) in the U.S. that are.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #141
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Poop View Post
Here is one to start: The Center's For Disease Control

Q&As on Transmission | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC

"How long does Ebola live outside the body?
Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature."

This doesn't match up or justify your post. You know that, right?

Old 10-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #142
Acrobat

Ebola

K
Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #143
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
This doesn't match up or justify your post. You know that, right?

Ok dude... Whatever you think

Old 10-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

It's not necessarily the idea of ebola that scares me so much as the stupidity inherent in human beings. So there's not a second health worker with ebola? And she traveled on a commercial flight with 100+ other people?

It seems like this might turn out OK, since she was pre-symptoms, but seriously. I don't care whose wedding it is. Think about the millions of other people in this country before you do something so stupidly selfish.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think the moral of this story is there are many hospitals not as prepared as we'd like. What I'd like to see is the moment someone is diagnosed, the CDC or some other government agency, sends an expert to that hospital to supervise the treatment. This way the practitioners have someone who knows what they are doing to go to for advice.

Dallas Presbyterian given the large population of Liberians in the Dallas metro area, should have been more prepared than they were.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

It sounds like that's the plan now. Anyone else comes up with Ebola, the CDC is sending people to that place to lock that shit down.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
It sounds like that's the plan now. Anyone else comes up with Ebola, the CDC is sending people to that place to lock that shit down.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #148
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

2319! 2319!

Old 10-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

It seems like this might turn out OK, since she was pre-symptoms, but seriously. I don't care whose wedding it is. Think about the millions of other people in this country before you do something so stupidly selfish.

a little more information to consider

Quote:
A Dallas nurse who took a commercial flight from Cleveland hours before reporting symptoms of Ebola says that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention told her it was okay to fly.

Amber Vinson helped treat Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian man who died in Dallas of the Ebola virus earlier this month. On Wednesday, the CDC announced that she had contracted the virus as well. The CDC also revealed that she had taken a flight to Dallas on Monday, though it said that it was extremely unlikely that any other passengers were exposed.

Vinson told CBS Dallas Fort Worth that she was feeling ill before boarding her flight. She had a low grade fever, but she said that officials told her it was okay to get on the plane. Vinson told CBS that she called the CDC several times with concerns.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #150
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

How did Fox News let this get on the air:

http://rare.us/story/watch-shepard-s...ust-4-minutes/