Abortion Doctor Shot and Killed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes, he'd been shot before and also had his clinic bombed (separate occurrences).

Bill O'Reilly has done a handful of pieces on him over the past couple years. I'm waiting for someone to blame him.

I don't watch Bill-O so I have no idea what he's ranting about on a consistent basis.

Right to life ends at birth?

Abortion Provider Dr. George Tiller Killed at Church - KWCH - Kansas News and Weather -

kind of hypocritical dont you think?

stop the "killing of babies" by killing the doctors. stop killing with killing, that makes sense.

Why?

it is one rational for capital punishment

and anyone that calls abortion murder and more importantly believes abortion is murder should not condemn this killing.

would any of you condemn someone that killed a German soldier, that was about to murder 30 unarmed concentration camp prisoners in a firing squad?

This trajedy just goes to show everyone what hypocrites anti-choice extremist types are.

First off, I could say this same thing about some people on the other side of the issue.

Second- you just assume that was the motive for the killing? Because I haven't heard that yet...

Third- a good number of anti-abortion groups and advocates have come forward denouncing the killing. But I'm sure you just choose to ignore them.

Dan Monnat and Lee Thompson, Dr. George Tiller's attorneys, issued the following statement today at the request of Mrs. Jeanne Tiller, the Tiller's four children and ten grandchildren:

"Today we mourn the loss of our husband, father and grandfather. Today's event is an unspeakable tragedy for all of us and for George's friends and patients. This is particularly heart wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace.

We would like to express the family's thanks for the many messages of sympathy from our friends and from all across the nation. We also want to thank the law enforcement officers who are investigating this crime.

Our loss is also a loss for the City of Wichita and women across America. George dedicated his life to providing women with high-quality heath care despite frequent threats and violence. We ask that he be remembered as a good husband, father and grandfather and a dedicated servant on behalf of the rights of women everywhere."

Randall Terry, of course, can be counted on for his classy contribution:

Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue states, "George Tiller was a mass-murderer. We grieve for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face God. I am more concerned that the Obama Administration will use Tiller's killing to intimidate pro-lifers into surrendering our most effective rhetoric and actions. Abortion is still murder. And we still must call abortion by its proper name; murder.
"Those men and women who slaughter the unborn are murderers according to the Law of God. We must continue to expose them in our communities and peacefully protest them at their offices and homes, and yes, even their churches."

Perhaps that Patriot Act can be used to round up some domestic terraists...

First off, I could say this same thing about some people on the other side of the issue.

Second- you just assume that was the motive for the killing? Because I haven't heard that yet...

Third- a good number of anti-abortion groups and advocates have come forward denouncing the killing. But I'm sure you just choose to ignore them.

I guess that's why he put the word "extremist" in it.

Why?

it is one rational for capital punishment

and anyone that calls abortion murder and more importantly believes abortion is murder should not condemn this killing.

would any of you condemn someone that killed a German soldier, that was about to murder 30 unarmed concentration camp prisoners in a firing squad?

Good point.

Makes you wonder why he fled from the scene if he was so principled.

Warren Hern, a Colorado physician and close friend of Tiller's who said he is now "the only doctor in the world" who performs late-term abortions, said Tiller's death was predictable.

"I think it's the inevitable consequence of more than 35 years of constant anti-abortion terrorism, harassment and violence. George is the fifth American doctor to be assassinated. I get messages from these people saying, 'Don't bother wearing a bulletproof vest, we're going for a head shot.' "

When President Obama was elected last fall, Hern predicted that anti-abortion violence would increase, he said. Because Obama supports legalized abortion, said Hern, its foes "have lost ground. . . . They want the doctors dead, and they invite people to assassinate us. No wonder that this happens. . . . I am next on the list."

Frightening.

Indeed, it is frightening that a small number of doctors are prepared to perform this barbarism against the wishes of the public.

Indeed, it is frightening that a small number of doctors are prepared to perform this barbarism against the wishes of the public.

The only people who aren't replying that the act of assassinating a doctor is disgusting are the ones who want to take potshots at liberals.

These lunatics are targeting all doctors performing D&Cs, not just the one or two guys who perform late-term abortions. In fact I believe that the figure is that there have been over 6000 cases of abortion-related domestic terrorism since Roe v. Wade, and this has included murder, kidnapping, bombing, arson, assaults and so on.

If you think the public is against abortion, you might want to take a look at super-liberal South Dakota, which passed just such a law, and then the people of SD had a serious case of buyer's remorse when they realized exactly what that meant. Great case study.

Every group has extremists.

Nothing good comes out of extremism...

I hope his family finds comfort and that this man carries out his life in prison.

Back
Top Bottom