2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is it with this stage thing? QUOTE]

some view as obama's ego being too large for the arena.

ted k, bill c, biden were all ok in the arena..but barry *appeared* to need a larger venue.

this is an observatin made by both left and right talking heads..

not me.

<>

They say this is the first big choice you make as a president...

And McCain made a shit choice.

- Do you honestly think women are this stupid?

- She has a "scandal"

- She's unknown.

- She'll get shredded in the debates, state politics and federal politics are two entirely different things.

- And she's already causing controversy in her own base. Apparently she has a special needs child and the traditional family role groups are concerned this child will be neglected by the demands of her job. Is this child going to be raised by a nanny, or the father, members of her base are already talking.

- Many would argue that McCain's pick is much more important than Obama's due to his age and health, so experience will be a factor.

- McCain may be delusional enough to think he'll win enough Hillary supporters, but are conservatives ready for a female? She may be a shrew. :shrug:

the more you read about palin the more it seems that they wanted romney because of his appeal to the base, but didn't want to pick romney because of his high level of doucheosity... thus they went down this route. a good conservative to get the base excited, but an outside the box, unknown woman to keep with mccain's maverick image. plus she lacks the uberdouchebaggery factor of romney.

Ten Dollars says he does not know who is singing the song.:cute:

Wait he might, it was from the 80's.....

Van van van something

What is it with this stage thing? QUOTE]

some view as obama's ego being too large for the arena.

ted k, bill c, biden were all ok in the arena..but barry *appeared* to need a larger venue.

this is an observatin made by both left and right talking heads..

not me.

<>

No it was mainly an observation made by the right. They seem a little jealous that anyone other than the delegates would want to be there.

Oh noes, he wants to actually invite the voters in...

1. she makes drilling an issue -- she's all about fucking up ANWAR
2. she dares the democrats to say that she's "inexperienced," because they'll say, "yeah, well, she's no more inexperienced than Obama."

the second point might play as a soundbyte, but i don't think it will resonate. the American public now knows Obama, and they know his stances on the issues.

she, on the otherhand, is an unknown. they might both be similarly "inexperienced" when it comes to the implementation of a similar process, but their knowledge base and exposure particularly to foreign policy issues isn't comparable.

wow! i couldn't have asked for more from a STING post! did you know that McCain was a POW!

koolaid5b.jpg

....and FYM couldn't ask more from an Irvine511 post. Nothing about the issue being discussed.

A moment ago, on CNN:

John Roberts: She has a child with Down's Syndrome, and care for children like that can take a lot of time. Is there any concern about the balance of that?

Dana Bash: The McCain camp is probably wondering if she were a man, whether you would be asking the same question.

They say this is the first big choice you make as a president...

And McCain made a shit choice.

- Do you honestly think women are this stupid?

- She has a "scandal"

- She's unknown.

- She'll get shredded in the debates, state politics and federal politics are two entirely different things.

- And she's already causing controversy in her own base. Apparently she has a special needs child and the traditional family role groups are concerned this child will be neglected by the demands of her job. Is this child going to be raised by a nanny, or the father, members of her base are already talking.

- Many would argue that McCain's pick is much more important than Obama's due to his age and health, so experience will be a factor.

- McCain may be delusional enough to think he'll win enough Hillary supporters, but are conservatives ready for a female? She may be a shrew. :shrug:

So what would have been McCain's best choice for VP, one that you would have some compliments for?

So what would have been McCain's best choice for VP, one that you would have some compliments for?

I am not sure this is about what should have would have could have....

The time has passed for that....

Personally Lieberman would at least have gained some of the respect he's lost with me.

But Romney was the easy choice if he wanted his base happy, and would at least give Biden a run in the debates.

A moment ago, on CNN:

John Roberts: She has a child with Down's Syndrome, and care for children like that can take a lot of time. Is there any concern about the balance of that?

Dana Bash: The McCain camp is probably wondering if she were a man, whether you would be asking the same question.

Well, that's the way his camp should frame it, but it's still not going to go over well with a lot of his base.

I'm honestly not saying this because I'm against the McCain campaign, but just listening to her talk for a few minutes has me thinking, he REALLY made the wrong choice.

Well, that's the way his camp should frame it, but it's still not going to go over well with a lot of his base.

can you provide some proof that this isn't going over well with the base?

about her chidld...."I looked into his eyes and saw perfection".

the pro-life base will eat that up!

Back
Top Bottom