U2 guitar backing tracks.... specificly acrobat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hey guys,

ive been looking for a backing track for acrobat for ages, and i just cant find one, there isnt one on the U2 patch archive, nebody know where i can get it? and any others?

also i might aswell post this while im here: nebody know where i can download nirvana backing tracks also?

cheers :wink:
quad :D

I know that the guitar backing track forum has a few Nirvana tracks. Including one of Teen spirit with vocals. The problem is you have to be a member and as long as you have >100 posts you only get limited downloads. If you're lucky some BT's can be found as attachments inside threads, in which case no rules apply.

As for a BT of Acrobat, you'd probably have to do make it yourself.

i've just got a keyboard, and when i figure out how to use it properly I'll be making some backing tracks, hopefully Stuck, ISHFWILF and Acrobat

Now that I've just listened to Acrobat it seems do able. No keyboards (which I don't got), just drums, bass and guitar. I might give it a go as well, although programming the drums is going to be a bitch.

no i dont mean making it, i mean where somebody has removed the guitar and vocals from a song so the bass, drums, keyboards and occasional backing vocals remain

quadcaster said:
no i dont mean making it, i mean where somebody has removed the guitar and vocals from a song so the bass, drums, keyboards and occasional backing vocals remain

you don't normally get files like that. your best bet is to get backing files made by people in thier homes or from guitar mags etc

ive come accross a number of sites that offer this sort of thing, theyre pretty cool

You are fooled by the quality of some tracks there, which should be a compliment to whoever made them. But they are most definately ALL fanmade. Which is why it probably hasn't been shut down by the U2 management. Cause if you electronically can filter out guitar and vocals, you are still tampering with copyrighted material and lawyers would descend on you like vultures on a dying man in the desert for offering copyrighted material on the internet.

Plus, why do you think backing tracks have no vocals? It would be more fun to play with vocals, giving it a more realistic feel. Its because while you can play the drums and bass easily, its extremely hard for somebody to recreate the vocals as the vocalist did them.

thats not what i mean, the drums dont sound midi, it all sounds right and like on the albums......

quadcaster said:
thats not what i mean, the drums dont sound midi, it all sounds right and like on the albums......

what other sites have you seen some on?

the one you gave wont let me download any, it says that the acc/ is suspended :(

Back
Top Bottom