U2 - 1 World AIDS Day gear...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's not using a Fernandes, he's using a Fender.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What I meant was that other Sustainer-equipped guitars have humbuckers like hot-rail like his Fernandes Retrorockets. I know he's not using Fernandes anymore was it doesn't have good quality in US, I guess.

I think it's interesting that he went for single-coils for that Sustainer guitar rather than the hot-rails or some other single-sized humbucker like his other Fernandes guitars.

You really need a high output bridge pickup to properly drive it, as I learned from experience having 3 Sustainer equipped guitars. Methinks either that guitar has very high output single coil pickups, or they are still humbuckers in disguise, or it has a built in boost so it can drive that sustainer properly.

You really need a high output bridge pickup to properly drive it, as I learned from experience having 3 Sustainer equipped guitars. Methinks either that guitar has very high output single coil pickups, or they are still humbuckers in disguise, or it has a built in boost so it can drive that sustainer properly.

I totally disregarded the possibility that those pickups could be stacked (like Jeff Beck's) or has really high output. Could be Fender Noiseless?

I do think that the custom shop gave him some guitars, that sounds quite possible as E_O suggests. They're not like over-the-top gaudy strats like Clapton's, but still.

I got a question. Do you know if the edge pull down the volume pot in the strat? Generally in the strats

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom