Some advices request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agocont

The Fly
Hello,

I am going to buy my first gibson explorer with 590r and 500t pups on board, i will play it with my 69' vox ac 30 tb.

I know that the Edge uses the original 76 explorer with the t-tops pups.

I ask some advices to somebody who plays the Explorer with 590r and 500t pups inside, telling me how these pups work for the U2's songs.

I ask some advices to somebody who has differents pups or which about you work better with the explorer.

Thanks,
Agostino

Last edited:
I just googled and it seems to be that I 500T, which is probably on the bridge position, seems to be very high output pup. Not that I've tried, but it might require some tweaking to get Edge'/ tone; 76 reissues had low-output pups which is very trebly. At least compared to modern Gibson pickups.

Hello,

I am going to buy my first gibson explorer with 590r and 500t pups on board, i will play it with my 69' vox ac 30 tb.

I know that the Edge uses the original 76 explorer with the t-tops pups.

I ask some advices to somebody who plays the Explorer with 590r and 500t pups inside, telling me how these pups work for the U2's songs.

I ask some advices to somebody who has differents pups or which about you work better with the explorer.

Thanks,
Agostino

Pickups in Edge's '76 are the Bill Lawrence Humbuckers. AKA: Tarbacks.

T-Tops are similar.

You can check e-bay for T-tops. They show up from time to time. Seth Lover humbuckers are another god choice.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom