Random: Does Bono Only Play E-Based Barre Chords?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I can't recall ever seeing the man play an A-based barre chord, only E-based.

Like on The Fly. You'd think he'd play the A-based C#m, but it's always E-based. And he exclusively plays an open E chord, even though it would make more sense on a song like Kite to play the A-based E.

Just random curiosity,.

I've never looked that closely. On his acoustic in Rattle and Hum he seemed to be playing the standard open cowboy chords most of the time.

Well, yeah he plays open chords too, I just mean when he goes to barre chords. I've never seen him do an A-based barre chord.

yes he plays "A-based" barre chords. i saw it on zoo-tv fly & vertigo fly, he plays d5 and e7. also he does on Hawkmoon 269.

now a C type barre chord, that i havent seen bono or edge do. :lol:

yes he plays "A-based" barre chords. i saw it on zoo-tv fly & vertigo fly, he plays d5 and e7. also he does on Hawkmoon 269.

now a C type barre chord, that i havent seen bono or edge do. :lol:

I'll have to check it out, because I thought he was playing open E and open D on those performances.

I can't recall ever seeing the man play an A-based barre chord, only E-based.

Like on The Fly. You'd think he'd play the A-based C#m, but it's always E-based. And he exclusively plays an open E chord, even though it would make more sense on a song like Kite to play the A-based E.

Just random curiosity,.

Probably easier for his thick fingers.

Back
Top Bottom