Please Help, In Choosing A Guitar Amp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-macphisto-

Refugee
I need to know which one I should get, which one is better all around in tone and effects? SHOULD I GET THE

FENDER BLEM Cybertwin or
Vox Valvetronix AD 120 VT combo amp
Roland - VGA-7 Guitar Combo Amplifier

Please someone help and tell me whcih one is better? Or is there a btter one that I should get? I will buy the best one?

Valvetronix out of those three, no doubt. But if you have a lot of money to spend (aka $5000) get a Vox AC-30 TB, Edge would be proud.

I have the Valvetronix, and trust me, unless you come into enough money to start buying amps for several thousand dollars, you will never need another amp.

discothequeLP said:
Valvetronix out of those three, no doubt. But if you have a lot of money to spend (aka $5000) get a Vox AC-30 TB, Edge would be proud.

No they're more like $2000 for a new one.

A 60's original JMI (Jennings Musical Instruments) Vox AC30 may cost 5K but the edge didn't have an original either. (see the Unforgettable Fire documentary where the VOX logo is outlined- not the JMI logo) I'm sure he does now though.

Get the Valvetronix now then get the real deal in a few years if need be.

Keep in mind that the real Vox AC30 is loud and sounds better loud, when the tubes are really being driven, as with all tube amps. Great for a garage band setting.

But for practice, you're better of with the VT anyway

My husband just bought a Vox Cambridge Reverb tube amp (1967). He is sooo happy with it. It sounds like an AC30 at lower volumes, which works well in the home studio!

Back
Top Bottom