Mac using musicians: GarageBand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
Buy it. NOW.

It's got it's limitations, but for $49 (w/ iPhoto, iTunes, iDVD and iMovie included) this a fantastic recording/writing tool that seriously gets the creative juices flowing. It's extremely easy to use and a lot of fun to tinker with. I threw together this quick instrumental version of Stay (homepage.mac.com/adamp88/FileSharing8.html - click the download icon) very quickly, playing all the parts myself and adding a few effects for texture. I'm by no means a good guitar player, but I think it shows you the potential this program has if you're really serious about recording your own stuff.

I just got a new Mac last week and have been playing with it too. One of the serious limitations I found is that it can't do multiple time signatures in the same song (like the Streets Intro, for instance). There are other issues with MIDI, but the recording and realtime effects are pretty cool, I'll admit.

Diemen, your post inspired me to play around with the the program some more and try my own hand at recording something. Here's a rendition of "Ultraviolet", mistakes and all:

ht tp:/ /home page.mac.co m/sodapop5791/

(remove spaces)
Look under Graphite File Sharing

Back
Top Bottom