Larry's snare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phi

The Fly
Looking at it in the SNL videos, holy crap is that thing deep. Gotta be 12-14" deep. Love the sound he's getting though. I don't think its the first time he's used this type of snare. I recall seeing it in the UF days.

Anyone know more about his use of different sized snares?

The one I know he's been using since AB is a Brady snare from Australia and it's only 12" X 7" He does have a few different ones though. I didn't catch it on SNL, I'd be interested in knowing what he's used for the new album and what he's using for the upcoming tour.

Larry's currently using an 8x14 Brady Sheoak Block snare. He recently purchased a few of em after using the 7x12 Sheoak Block for the past 15 years.

mullenhead said:
Larry's currently using an 8x14 Brady Sheoak Block snare. He recently purchased a few of em after using the 7x12 Sheoak Block for the past 15 years.

Thanks Mullenhead, I'm passing this info on to my drummer. He just picked up all the Paiste signature cymbals Larry's using and the custom Yamaha kit is on it's way and should be here in a few days. I'm jealous...but of course also excited that he'll be using the exact kit Larry's using.

Authenticity is important...even down to the sticks.

Now, if he can just fenagle a deal with Brady for a snare!

mullenhead said:
Yeah, I just got me a 7x12 Sheoak Block snare. The Yamaha will come shortly.

Hey Mullenhead, I didn't realize you were 2U's drummer. Very cool about getting the Brady!

Rock on!

Jason.

Back
Top Bottom