HELP!!! Recommend an amp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
I need to get an amp for the live gigs. I’d like something that’s basic, that I can use for both electric and acoustic (both Ibanez brand) and something that’s not too expensive. Recommendations, suggestions?

I have a laney 65 watt hardcore amp and its awesome! it sounds really good, has some nice british sounds to it and it has built in effects

Line 6 offer some pretty good amp packages..with a variety of good amp models and effects. The Spider II series are quite good...especially with clean tones. When it comes to digital modelling amps the sound will either appeal to you or not..so you really need to try them out yourself and see if they work for you in a live setting. I've also heard good things about the Vox Valvetronix series so I would bear them in mind. Many people seem to rate the Roland Cube series quite highly. So, if you don't have a problem with the tone of modelling amps they are very flexible in a live setting offering quite a variety of tones and on board effects of reasonable quality..you may want to consider some of the foot controllers with some of these to make them even more flexible should you be interested. At the end of the day it really comes down to how you like them..but I personally think they are a good starting point.

Just get a working one, a mate of mine played three songs on with his guitar on a amp that didn't work, to be booed off stage without any sound was terrible.

Back
Top Bottom