Hamer Of The Gods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Is that too over the top Mr. Stallone?

Sorry to hype it up, but I've finally found my other half. It is a honduras mohogany thick-bodied beauty that goes by the name of Kermit. A green machine, which I will now pump through my Roland amps much to the delight of those living adjacent to me.

I picked up my Custom Studio Hamer guitar today, immediately knowing that fate had picked this guitar for me. I was wearing a Senor Frogs Green shirt, when I found out that the owner had named the axe Kermit. It was a match made in muppetland.

This is a great sounding guitar, with a thick creamy sound... very similar to the Les Paul variety. But it also can cut, like the telecaster. An interesting hybrid that I'll be spending a lot of time with.

I'll post a pic soon.

Well, to keep this thread somewhat interesting... does anyone else nickname their instruments? Does your guitar have a petname?

PS- I've already named my acoustic Fozzy, and my dream guitar... the Gibson Les Paul '59 Standard Sunburst... will be named Animal.

:sexywink:

So, you can't steal those.

Cujo, I am very happy to hear that you've "Finally Found What You Were Lookin' For". That was a little U2 pun for you.

I hope you and your "green machine" have many a good time together, and learn to love each other...in a natural way of course.

Do I have names for my guitars? No I do not, but if I was forced to name them on the spot, like I'm doing right now, I'd call the acoustic: 'POS', and the electric: 'Electrical Storm'.

If I was forced to give you a name it would be: 'Canadian Me', or 'Slutman'. Either one.

Congrats on the new guitar!

Like I've said a bazillion times here in the past week, my Nifty Aqua Dan-o U3 should be delivered to me on Monday. I had considered naming it, but I didn't know if that was a cool thing to do or not. But I do have a name picked out for it. Since I'm a girl, I figure a guy's name is best. Guess I'll just have to see if the name fits the axe when it gets here.

u2popmofo said:

Do I have names for my guitars? No I do not, but if I was forced to name them on the spot, like I'm doing right now, I'd call the acoustic: 'POS', and the electric: 'Electrical Storm'.

:laugh: at POS. My husband has a really crappy acoustic that his dad bought at a pawn shop years and years ago. It's SO hard to play, and basically we hate it. I'm not sure why we even have it, quite frankly. Anyway, last week my husband had had it with the guitar, so he took a sharpie and wrote "STEAMING PILE PIECE O' SHIT GEETAR" on it, along with some 'quotes' such as:

"This guitar sucks"--The Edge
"I wrote my first song on this lovely guitar"--Scott Stapp
and
"I hate this guitar and I can't even play"--Pearl (our dog)

So basically we've turned it into a conversation piece. I hate that guitar just thinking about it! :angry: :lol:

That is awesome. You should enshrine it with saran wrap and display it on your front lawn.

You and your husband's sense of humor :up: :up:.

Pic to be posted sometime next week.

HeartlandGirl said:

"This guitar sucks"--The Edge
"I wrote my first song on this lovely guitar"--Scott Stapp
and
"I hate this guitar and I can't even play"--Pearl (our dog)

These quotes made me laugh quite loudly. I like :up: I hope you like your upcoming Danelectro HeartlandGirl. They seem like a pretty good brand for the price. I had one of their effect pedals, and I really liked it.

Cujo, did you spend the majority of the last couple days rocking the free world (or at least your room) with your guitar? Hearing of all the new electric guitar goodness thats going to be happening here in this forum makes me want to play my electric more. I'll have to try to play some punk songs on it in the next couple days. (I say punk songs because I havent been playing much at all lately, I think some excessively basic punk songs are all that I could handle right now, plus they're majorly fun to rock out on).

I've been rocking hardcore.

Lately my ear for doing tabs has improved vastly... I've done a lot of Black Sabbath.

Here's my version of the classic Iron Man riff:

A---7----10---10---12---12---15s14s15s14s15s14---10--10--12
E---7----10---10---12---12---15s14s15s14s15s14---10--10--12

I don't know if that's the correct number of slides... but your ear can be the judge. This is a cool riff to play, and can be manipulated pretty easily to suit your tastes.

I put it on the low pick-up, because it just adds that extra bass to make it Sabbath.

I love my Kermit.

Last edited:
cujo said:
Here's my version of the classic Iron Man riff:

A---7----10---10---12---12---15s14s15s14s15s14---10--10--12
E---7----10---10---12---12---15s14s15s14s15s14---10--10--12

it should have another note at the end:

A--12
E--12

Not that anyone cares :sad:

:wink:

I'm interested to see and hear about it... hopefully it's what you're expecting, and not one of those strippograms, or that damn shark... :sexywink:

Well, I didn't get a strippogram, but my Danelectro did arrive! :up: I'm gonna go out tomorrow and get new strings and a stand for it, but otherwise, it just needs to be shined up and have some good music played on it. Everything about it is mint condition, plus the guy threw in a nice gig bag.

The first full song I ever played on it: If You Tolerate This by the Manics. A solid choice, I think. Then some U2 stuff, then finally a little Hotel California. I'm pretty sure I threw in some Placebo too.

And I've decided to give it a name. All is right with the world at this moment. I still can't get over the color, either. Not too many solid aqua guitars floating around these days. Overall, I'm stoked! :hyper:

HeartlandGirl said:
Well, I didn't get a strippogram, but my Danelectro did arrive! :up: I'm gonna go out tomorrow and get new strings and a stand for it, but otherwise, it just needs to be shined up and have some good music played on it. Everything about it is mint condition, plus the guy threw in a nice gig bag.

The first full song I ever played on it: If You Tolerate This by the Manics. A solid choice, I think. Then some U2 stuff, then finally a little Hotel California. I'm pretty sure I threw in some Placebo too.

And I've decided to give it a name. All is right with the world at this moment. I still can't get over the color, either. Not too many solid aqua guitars floating around these days. Overall, I'm stoked! :hyper:

Congratulations. I'm jealous of all the new guitars that have been purchaes recently here. I hope you all have fun, even you Chizip.

:up:

i've never understood the "electric guitars are so noisey" argument that my mom had back when i could afford an electric guitar

i'm jealous...turns out that kermit ain't the only green monster here...

Here's Kermit... it's such a pansy name. Oh well:

337%3C74%3B923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A45%3D6%3B5%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C47%3B%3C%3A58ot1lsi

The lighting wasn't all that great... it is a very dark green, and looks a lot better in reality.

A pansy name for a pansy owner :sexywink:

Looks pretty nice though, kinda resembles a PRS (trying to be like Mark Tremonti? I know how much you like him....)

Why I oughtta... *shakes fist in general direction.

Yeah it does resemble the Paul Reed Smiths, especially in function. The pick-up knobs are placed in a similar area.

cujo said:
Why I oughtta... *shakes fist in general direction.

Yeah it does resemble the Paul Reed Smiths, especially in function. The pick-up knobs are placed in a similar area.

Probably has a pretty cool sound then. PRS's are supposed to be great guitars for getting a lot of different tones. I think you made a good buy.

Yeah, it does a have a really thick sound... but the treble pick-up can get some very high pitched Fender-like tones.

It serves my purposes, as I have not yet acquired the ear to distinguish some of the idiosyncratic qualities between some of the high-end guitars.

cujo said:
It serves my purposes, as I have not yet acquired the ear to distinguish some of the idiosyncratic qualities between some of the high-end guitars.

That's odd, I would have thought you of all people could distinguish between different pieces of 'high-end' equipment....

Back
Top Bottom