Great idea for the recording community...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa1310

War Child
Ok, idea. (I'm sick, home from school, really bored...) So here it is. We have many musicians (I'm assuming) in the Interference group. Guitarists, singers, bass, and drummers (hopefully drummer...) What if we were to make our own cover recordings? As in, someone records one track of drums, then passes the saved file to the bass player, they record their part, pass it to the guitarist, then to the singer, keyboardist etc... I think we would get an interesting sound, and an opportunity to play these great songs with other avid fans.

This can either go one of two ways... Either

a) ....Shut up Zooropa, you're a tard

or

b) Lets round up musicians

We could set it up into little groups (If we have more than one instrument that wants to participate). One group could take these set of songs, and the other another set.

Just trying to have a little fun...

And face it... we all have the time :wink:

Last edited:
Ive done this with my own band but its tough because unless you use .wav files, the quality quickly goes down the toilet with compressing into email size files. Geez in todays cyberspace, people play live together thousands of miles away....

Mick

I've thought of this too, actually, and it would be a very cool thing to try!

By the way, what recording software does everyone use? I plod around on good ol' Cool Edit Pro - definitely one of my favourite programs. :up:

I have possesion of a Larry although he's a bit of a Ginger Baker aswell, with all the positive and negative connotations of being as such, I can Bono seeing as the Edging has been jumped at pretty quick:wink:

instead of emailing the files - what about setting up a simple website to host the files on. People can then download them from there.

Might also be a good place to house the collections and maybe start a decent U2 archive of backing tracks etc

bfoster88 said:

Might also be a good place to house the collections and maybe start a decent U2 archive of backing tracks etc
Thats what im trying to get started here.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/amib2005/ I've put up the backing tracks I've already made so far, (Love & Peace, Mercy & OOTS) but I need help from you guys to put up info on settings, gear etc.. Not to stray off topic. Nice idea Zooropa, if I can help at all I will

I made a cover of the Fly once, its pretty good:) you can hear at it www.myspace.com/joewmusic I did it accousticly, I sing all the parts, play all the instruments, as well as made the recording. lemme know what you think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom