Easiest song to learn on guitar for beginner? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: Where the streets have no name, In God's Country, wherever he takes me, currently Seattle, WA
Local Time: 05:10 PM
When I get motivated again I'll try a couple of these WOWY sounds like something I could play

I've been thinking about getting a bass but Im not sure how to start like whats a good brand, the prices of amps etc, I kind of need something "cheap" just in case I dont like it ( which I doubt that will happen) and money tight right now. I've seen a few started kits out there but I'm not sure about them

Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #77
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 02:10 AM
Bass is always good.

If you want to try cheap, there's Ibanez, they have a couple of decent basses around. Fender has the cheaper Squier range, which I myself have. They're brilliant and don't do under for the expensive versions! Even famous people use them, say Mike Dirnt from Green Day has a signature Squier bass, I think the emo kid... Pete Wentz? has one too...

For both the bass and amp I'd say they're a little more expensive than a guitar. If you're not sure you're gonna like it, Ibanez has starter kits with a small amp and bass.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: Where the streets have no name, In God's Country, wherever he takes me, currently Seattle, WA
Thanks GG I'll check that out I have to wait awhile though cause of money, an ex friend was gonna give me hers but she started tripping out for no reason that decided to not be my friend anymore.

My Dad was talking to one of his friends that works at this guitar shop in town he goes to and he said he would be happy to set me up with a cheap bass etc when Im ready I love fender but Ibanz is not bad at all
Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #79
War Child

In addition to a steel-string guitar, I also have an acoustic bass...I love the sound and feel of it, and best of all I don't need an amp to hear what I'm playing!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 AM   #80
Galeonbroad

What model do you have? I am wanting to get an acoustic bass actually, but I don't know what to get. I'll have to save first too.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I was just looking at starting kits for me on electric basses, and I found some good prices on Epiphones and Fenders. I'm not sure if its buy to back a starter kit or just go into a shop and have them help you out and set it all up for you. My Dad plays guitar but knows nothing of basses and I don't want to get one and find out its like to big or something for me.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #82
Galeonbroad

Do go to a shop and try them out before buying anything. That could be said about any intstrument!!
You must know for certain you like the feel of the bass, otherwise it's a waste of money. If it doesn't feel right, don't buy it. For me, I tried both the Jazz and the Precision, but the Jazz I didn't really like the pickups. I need a place to lean on for my thumb(well now I don't anymore, but I used to need that starting up) so the Precision was my choice. It has a nicer tone IMO aswell.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Awesome Possum I'll probably do that. I was talking to my Dad about what would be better pick or no pick and he said depends on the song you're playing now an artiest I use to follow for a very long time who was the bass player for a band I liked said that having a pick is the greatest thing to have, you get more sounds that way than with your fingers
Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 AM   #84
Galeonbroad

That was one long sentence!

Well your dad is right, pick or no pick depends on the song. Take Adam for example, listen to Streets and COBL, they are played with a pick(and plenty of others ofcourse). Now if you compare the picked playing to regular fingerwork, it sounds different. Try playing these songs by finger and compare the sound.(For Streets you can find a full tab on ultimate-guitar.com made by yours truly. )

Personally I don't like picking much, I feel it sounds a bit hollow. Fingerpicking is a so much fuller sound. Ofcourse, opinions on this differ widely. And sometimes the song is just too fast to play with your fingers, take Dragonforce for example. Those songs are pretty much impossible to play with your fingers unless you train them 24/7! (If you don't know what I'm talking about here, youtube Dragonforce - Through fire and flames, and ignore the many guitar hero clips!)
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie

LOL I tend to do that with sentences

Yeah pretty much what you said Dad pretty much said and I agree with. Im hoping to get my hands on one soon so I can start playing.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #86
Babyface

Local Time: 08:10 PM
In Gods Country is easy - I play an acoustic version without all the effects...

Verse is Am & D
Corus is Em G D
Old 10-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:10 AM
u2 - One ( easy version )

Verse : Am D F G
Chorus : C Am F C
Bridge : C Am C Am C G G F

YouTube - U2 - One - Easy Beginner Acoustic Guitar Song Lesson

My Youtube hero.

u2 - With Or Without You ( easy version )

C G Am F
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:10 AM
That is WOWY half a step below the U2 version.

U2 play D, A, Bm, G tuned down half a step
Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 AM   #89
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
Chords for the verse:
D-A-E-A-E

The little bit for "Red guitar on fire..." and "Fever when I'm beside her..." is a simple:
D-A

The whole song is pretty much D-A-E-A-E. Really simple
Three Chords and the Truth... Red Guitar, optional
This is the first song I learned. It's a great song to start off learning how to sing and play at the same time, too.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 08:10 PM
I so wish I had someone to start a U2 tribute band with but around here there isn't much. Heck I'd like to just be in a band. I'd rather actually be in a band and write some stuff. I've got loads of material that could be put to use.