Easiest song to learn on guitar for beginner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I so wish I had someone to start a U2 tribute band with but around here there isn't much. Heck I'd like to just be in a band. I'd rather actually be in a band and write some stuff. I've got loads of material that could be put to use.:hmm:

Where do you live? :hmm: I'm in L.A.

Hey I was in North Carolina over the summer! It was awesome. We were staying near Carolina Beach. Beautiful place. Cheers!

Ok, I know this isn't a thread about where we went on summer holiday so... I digress.

A fun song to learn is the live U2 version of Helter Skelter. It will impress your friends... maybe, haha

Hey I was in North Carolina over the summer! It was awesome. We were staying near Carolina Beach. Beautiful place. Cheers!

Ok, I know this isn't a thread about where we went on summer holiday so... I digress.

A fun song to learn is the live U2 version of Helter Skelter. It will impress your friends... maybe, haha

That's cool!:D Yeah, the beaches are nice. We usually go to Topsail Island. I'll have to learn Helter Skelter.

I'd say the easiest would have to be BAD, but you need a delay for that song and learn how to play off the echo correctly.

Mysterious Ways is another. Literally 3 chords throughout the whole song but you need an auto-wah pedal. If yo want the exact sound it would have to be the KORG A3.

actually i take all i said back. you wanna know the easiest u2 song to play?

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Lookin For

Cool! I just got back from the guitar shop and got hooked up with a bass! Got a Fender Squire Apple Red with amp and all. My Dad has been going to this shop for years and was awesome enough to talk to his buddy there and get me hooked up. I was messing around with it remembering some of the tab I tried a couple months agofor get on your boots and one of the other guys go hey you play u2?! I was like I did?:lol: and he goes yeah that was part of get on your boots. I go pick up the bass on sat since I get my pay check in then, I'm excited!:hyper::D

What amp did you get?

Jazz are the most popular basses, I enjoyed playing it too but I felt more comfortable with the Precision. :D Have fun with your bass!

Oy I forget,I'll have to check on satuday when I go in and pick up everything, I had to wait cause of pay day. But he has it on hold for me, I think he also told me and my Dad he'll play around with amps etc and if he find ones beter than what he has for me right now, he'll give it to me, and he also said it's a"speical" package lol.

My Dad has been buying from this guy and his company for over 10 years. So it's great to have somewhere I know I can go and trust and won't get ripped off. The price for everything isn't to bad either.

That's always good. When you go to a random shop there's always a chance they try to rip you off. I did the same you did, went with my guitar teacher(who's a regular there as he's also music teacher and buys all the school gear there!). :D He got me a good deal.

What kind of amp did you get anwyay, small practice one or decent size?

From what I can remember it's about 15 watts? It was part of package he had, and someone just took the bass out of that package. You have to forgive me I'm exhausted and spacing out right now :doh:

That's pretty cool about your guitar teacher it's the same with this guy my Dad knows, the guy also said if I don't like what I have (which he doubts that will happen) he'll set me up with something I will like.

I got my Bass and amp today!:D:hyper: Came with 15watt amp, straps, cases, tune, the all works. and I love it so far. and I realized I prefer to play with a pick than my fingers. Maybe it's a comfort zone with that and I started on Get on your boots and my Dad goes " woah, what are you playing already" and I said "get on your boots". He goes " not bad for just picking it up".:D but I also wasn't playing full speed yet, not ready for that.:lol:

Sweet! :up: Always happy to see a new bass player on the forum. Sounds like you got a good setup. Check out "Bass Guitar for Dummies" by Patrick Pfeiffer (Adam's teacher) if you want to start using your fingers instead of a pick. Playing bass is ssooooo much fun! :wave:

Thanks Bran I'll look into that for sure, I'm pretty excited about my bass. I just have a hard time trying to figure out where to start. I'm doing GOYB than wanting to get started on mission impossible. I think my problems is right now I'm so excited it's I want this no that, etc etc.LOL.

Do you know where I can get that book?

Desire is one of my favorites.

I've pretty much learned GOYB, and now learning Seconds. I've also tried a couple other songs from others bands, like Barracuda by Heart.

I really like experimenting with my bass, and getting all excited when I figure stuff out on it and driving my Dad nuts, late at night turning my amp up and playing whatever comes to mind.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom