E-Bow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
for anyone out there that owns/ or knows alot about e-bows....

are there diffrent kinds/models? or just one basic e-bow?

say i walk into a store, can i just ask for an e-bow, or are there different functions, brands, settings, etc that would vary between e-bows? are some better than others? etc. any knowlegde would be helpful. thanks.

PS: a decent price for a new one would be what?

The EBOW has had a few incarnations since its creation. The one available today has a 3 way switch. In middle position it is off .On the one side plays the note you are fretting and the other side of the switch plays the note with an octave higher overtone. Go to music123 dot com to get a lower price.

The alternative to the E-bow is the Fernandez Sustainer. It's basically a pickup with electronics you install in place of the normal neck pickup. Edge uses it these days. It is more expensive then the E-bow but I like it. It takes more getting used to then the E-bow and the thing eats batteries like there is no tomorrow. And perversely only high quality brand 9 volt batteries.

Muad'zin said:
The alternative to the E-bow is the Fernandez Sustainer. It's basically a pickup with electronics you install in place of the normal neck pickup. Edge uses it these days. It is more expensive then the E-bow but I like it. It takes more getting used to then the E-bow and the thing eats batteries like there is no tomorrow. And perversely only high quality brand 9 volt batteries.

That is interesting. My Fernandes is fine on batteries, although, I only use it for WOWY so it does not get much use.

TheEdge U2JT said:

That is interesting. My Fernandes is fine on batteries, although, I only use it for WOWY so it does not get much use.

The thing about brand batteries is what the guitar builder said who installed my sustainer kit. And he's been a guitar tech for Steve Vai.

Back
Top Bottom