You've lived with Get On Your Boots for 5 days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you feel the same about GOYB today?

• I still love it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 235 33.3%
  • I dont like it as much as I did the first listen

Votes: 81 11.5%
  • It's growing on me

Votes: 293 41.5%
  • I still dont like it

Votes: 97 13.7%

• Total voters
"Fans indulged by U2 ahead of Brit Awards" - Wednesday January 28 2009

It's the sweetest day for U2 fans as Bono, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton take time out to sign autographs for them in Dublin.

The band members were at their city recording studios to rehearse ahead of their Brit Awards performance on February 18.

Guitarist The Edge had left the session earlier on. The band's latest album, No Line on the Horizon, will be released this spring.

Fans indulged by U2 ahead of Brit Awards - Around Town, Entertainment - Herald.ie

Where are the pictures?

Sexy Native Boots Son

I really hope they release Sexy Boots in some capacity like they did with Native Son. We know it exists thanks to the beach clips.

I don't know if anyone's commented on this but at least the word knees or kneel is not in this song. lol
I think he (Bono) has moved on to lyrics about songs being in various parts of bodies. ie; head, heart, eyes. There's still hope for a "the songs are in your knees!" line though.

uhhh.......sexy boots beach clip is almost identical to GOYB.

Musically yeah, they are pretty much exactly the same, much more so than Vertigo vs NS and Xanax vs Fast Cars, but there are some subtle differences that probably change the meaning of the song. It's like what happened with both versions of All Because of You.

There are some different lyrics and no "when the levee breaks" drum breakdown. Plus I think the original lyrics might make more sense with the "you don't know how beautiful you are" bridge. It's another case of them second guessing their gut instinct when it was right the first time. The song is supposed to be a change of pace in the middle of the album so why not go all out and make it a fun song about a sexy girl (I don't think they've ever just done a rock n roll song about a sexy girl ever) instead of throwing in some of the usual geo-politically aware lyrics? We all seem to agree it's not a serious song, but it doesn't have to be. If they kept it Sexy Boots, it could be like the Beatles "I Saw Her Standing There."

Going back to the ABOY comparison, the alternative version of that song fells kind of disjointed where the music during the chorus doesn't match up well with the rest of the song. I think that's what happened with GOYB, but instead of musically, it's lyrically disjointed (verse vs chorus/bridge).

I don't mean to ramble on, but your "uhhhh" response is basically telling me you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I just want you to know I did think about this.

Musically yeah, they are pretty much exactly the same, much more so than Vertigo vs NS and Xanax vs Fast Cars, but there are some subtle differences that probably change the meaning of the song. It's like what happened with both versions of All Because of You.

There are some different lyrics and no "when the levee breaks" drum breakdown. Plus I think the original lyrics might make more sense with the "you don't know how beautiful you are" bridge. It's another case of them second guessing their gut instinct when it was right the first time. The song is supposed to be a change of pace in the middle of the album so why not go all out and make it a fun song about a sexy girl (I don't think they've ever just done a rock n roll song about a sexy girl ever) instead of throwing in some of the usual geo-politically aware lyrics? We all seem to agree it's not a serious song, but it doesn't have to be. If they kept it Sexy Boots, it could be like the Beatles "I Saw Her Standing There."

Going back to the ABOY comparison, the alternative version of that song fells kind of disjointed where the music during the chorus doesn't match up well with the rest of the song. I think that's what happened with GOYB, but instead of musically, it's lyrically disjointed (verse vs chorus/bridge).

I don't mean to ramble on, but your "uhhhh" response is basically telling me you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I just want you to know I did think about this.

seriously? the original lyrics? please don't tell me you're basing this off the beach clip...please.

Where are the pictures?

ShowBiz Ireland has a few:

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/january09/28-u2-get-ready-for-the-brits.shtml

2009-01-bono-3.jpg

2009-01-bono.jpg

2009-01-larry-mullen.jpg

2009-01-adam-clayton.jpg

Edge got away too quick. :| No pics of him.

:rockon: I'll join in. The video definately makes the song! Not that its the greatest video but its definately a reprieve after last album's efforts on videos. It's good to see the boys are getting into making some good music videos ala Pop.

GOYB is similar to Discotheque in terms of badass-ness (my new favourite word) :D

:rockon: I'll join in. The video definately makes the song! Not that its the greatest video but its definately a reprieve after last album's efforts on videos. It's good to see the boys are getting into making some good music videos ala Pop.

I agree with you 100%

let's pt it this way. The song had dropped to a 4.7. It is now a steady 7.3 again. All due to the video :wave:

Agree with the video chat, its the most vibrant, upbeat and just damn good video that U2 have done in ages. The style of the video fits the song perfectly and the lads are wearing it well too :)

:drool:

I agree the video makes the song even better.

I just wish I could download the video onto my laptop - none of the links work.

I`d be eternally grateful if someone could send it my way...............Pamela.kellett@sky.com

sorry, didn't mean to offend you, i just really don't see that much difference between the beach clip and the final product, where hearing an alternate version would be all that exciting. sure there are small differences, but nowhere near the amount of difference found in Vertigo, Fast Cars, or ABOY's alternate versions. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom