WITS on eBay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny Boy

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-U
Several copies of the WITS promo are up on eBay already.

3f_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-WINDOW-IN-TH...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmm, I think I can wait 11 days and not drop 60 bucks on this.

Single version? Don´t tell me that this one will also have couple of versions as well...

This looks like the radio promo version. We will still get a single version with a nice looking cover, and a probable B-side.

djerdap said:
Single version? Don´t tell me that this one will also have couple of versions as well...

Looks that way to me. They wouldn't bother labeling it as a single version if it was identical to the album.

This piques my interest. I wonder how much longer the album version will be, and what parts were edited out?

What's pictured is the radio promo. Super die-hard collectors love these. This is NOT the CD single for the song - this is just for radio stations. Usually there's one or two versions of the song on there - a radio edit typically and maybe the album version. Once in a great while, there is a remix or other tracks on the promo. It all depends on what the purpose of the promo is. Sometimes the promo is meant not to advertise the song as much as the album. In that case, one might find the song, but there may be other tracks from the album or even prior releases. The "Numb" promo is great as it's the only place one can find the Perfecto remix of the song.

In any event, promos are more rare and $60 isn't really that high of a price for it. Promos sell for whatever the market demands. Older promos are usually more. This one may be high as people are bidding on the excitement of new U2, but it may drop in value once "U218" is released. Then it might go up in value again a few years from now.

I have some promos, but as I wrote, they are expensive and given that most only have one track, it's one area of my collecting that I don't usually deal with too much. Although lately I have been getting a few more. :sexywink:

doctorwho said:

I have some promos, but as I wrote, they are expensive and given that most only have one track, it's one area of my collecting that I don't usually deal with too much. Although lately I have been getting a few more. :sexywink:

Just go ahead and buy. You know you want to. Buy it!!!!!!!

Don’t I see a little Island Records tree on that disc? I’m so confused; I thought the new CD was going to be on the new label. :confused:

2morrow said:
Why does U2's stuff get leaked so much?...HTDAAB, anyone?

Other artists get leaked too, you probably just don't notice it because U2 takes up too much of your time. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :laugh:

Bonochick said:

Other artists get leaked too, you probably just don't notice it because U2 takes up too much of your time. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :laugh:

Yes, quite true!

Promo singles are out there for all artists! And the bigger the artist, the more likelihood of seeing a promo release on eBay.

The good news is that if this eBay item is truly a promo, then it is legit and worth $$. But if it's a CD-R boot of the mp3 that was circulating here, uh... :shifty: I recall some CD-R boots of two "Pop" songs before the album was released. There were just two little snippets of "Discotheque" and "Wake Up", and they were leaked (I think on WIRE). Bootleggers made CD's of these 30 second clips and were selling the CD's for $10 each! :tsk:

Am I the only one that thinks the song is probably going to have one more chorus on it at the end, with possibly a longer outro in the album version?

Back
Top Bottom