U2 NLOTH Boxset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I :pray: the price doesn't go back up aswell. Ordered one for me and one for a fellow Interferencer. :love:

:love:

Even with shipping, it's less than half of what I could get it for here in Canada.

It's listed at $87.99 here, and when you add on taxes, that would bring it to...oh, about a billion dollars. :|

(Actually, it would be $99.43.)

:love:

Even with shipping, it's less than half of what I could get it for here in Canada.

It's listed at $87.99 here, and when you add on taxes, that would bring it to...oh, about a billion dollars. :|

(Actually, it would be $99.43.)

$87 - Robbed i tell you. :madwife:

:hug: Lets hope it stays at that price. Guess i will be checking everyday now. :wink:

HMV will be wondering why so many people are cancelling. :lmao:

I checked the estimate dispatch date on my Amazon order and it was listed as 6th Mar - 8th Mar. I thought there is NO WAY I am waiting those extra days to have it, so cancelled my order and bought it from Play.com, who I believe have a fairly good reputation when it comes to dispatching pre-orders. In fact my friend who pre-ordered the last Stereophonics album actually got it sent to him on the Friday despite it not being on general release till the Monday!! Fingers crossed on that one!! :hyper:

I just realized - I wonder what region the dvd will be. :ohmy: Do they sell many all region dvds over there, or will it be region 2?

Either way it doesn't matter, I still want the UK version at that price. I'll just d/l a torrent of the movie or whatever, and then get an all region dvd player the next time I buy one, which should be soon, I'm due for a new one.

I just realized - I wonder what region the dvd will be. :ohmy: Do they sell many all region dvds over there, or will it be region 2?

Either way it doesn't matter, I still want the UK version at that price. I'll just d/l a torrent of the movie or whatever, and then get an all region dvd player the next time I buy one, which should be soon, I'm due for a new one.

Likely region 0 I'd think

So region 0 will play any where in the world? Is there any way to confirm that is what is being sold on amazon.uk?

I was thinking about that, but worst case scenario, you download the film (which is going to be easily available), burn a new copy, and put it in the designated case.

No biggie.

It's probably cheaper for them to make them all Region 0, but who knows? Probably won't be copy protected though, so you may also be able to rip your own DVD, and reburn it region-free.

So region 0 will play any where in the world? Is there any way to confirm that is what is being sold on amazon.uk?

Region 0 plays anywhere. All the U2 DVDs I have are region 0. The much bigger concern is NTSC vs PAL. If you're in North America and have a PAL (everywhere in the world except North America, those weird SECAM countries, and I think Japan) DVD, even if it's region 0, it will only play on your computer unless your DVD player has a PAL-to-NTSC converter chip (a lot do nowadays).

:ohmy: I recently got a new dvd player when I got a new TV. I never thought it might be able to play all my old pal dvd's I always had to watch on my laptop. :hmm:

They can't really do that. The price guarantee works the other way--if they lower it they will notify you and reimburse the extra amount you paid. But there's nothing that says if they fucked up you have to pay the difference.

What happens if we've already preordered it from there before the price was lowered; does the price then go down?

Hmmmm............. Not available anymore

Someones gone into work and gone oh shit how many orders at what price!!

I still don't know if there is a bonus track and what that will be. Rumors are that it is the NLOTH 2 track available on the GOYB single but that would be a bit lame.

I went to three of my local record stores on Saturday to ask about the price, availability etc. of the boxset and all three looked up the information on the computer. This is what all three record stores could tell me:
Release 27 Feb, contents: digipack album, dvd, 64 page hardcover book, fold-out poster, bonustrack.

BONUSTRACK! No information whether this will be NLOTH2 (hope not, ofcourse) and whether the digipack album included is the same as the 'regular' digipack album (will this one too, then, contain a bonustrack?). However, the computer system in all three stores definitely mentioned a bonustrack for the box. :applaud:

I went to three of my local record stores on Saturday to ask about the price, availability etc. of the boxset and all three looked up the information on the computer. This is what all three record stores could tell me:
Release 27 Feb, contents: digipack album, dvd, 64 page hardcover book, fold-out poster, bonustrack.

BONUSTRACK! No information whether this will be NLOTH2 (hope not, ofcourse) and whether the digipack album included is the same as the 'regular' digipack album (will this one too, then, contain a bonustrack?). However, the computer system in all three stores definitely mentioned a bonustrack for the box. :applaud:

Damn, if there's a bonus track, I really hope it's on the DVD. Or at least that there is a 45 second break after Cedars like on the HTDAAB extra track version. I really hate the idea of an alternate album.

Damn, if there's a bonus track, I really hope it's on the DVD. Or at least that there is a 45 second break after Cedars like on the HTDAAB extra track version. I really hate the idea of an alternate album.

we know that there will be 3 Bonustracks on the DVD - 14 Songs and not 11 like on the album - two probably instrumental.

we know that there will be 3 Bonustracks on the DVD - 14 Songs and not 11 like on the album - two probably instrumental.

Right--what I meant was that I don't want non-album tracks on my box set CD album. I just want the 11 songs that are a part of NLOTH.

I'm all for bonus tracks, but keep them away from the intended piece.

Back
Top Bottom