U2 NLOTH Boxset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just stumbled upon Amazon UK and found the boxset was £17.99 so I decided to pre-order it.

Just a headsup for those of you who are looking for (probably) the best price.

No Line On The Horizon (Ltd Edition Hardback Book CD+DVD): U2: Amazon.co.uk: Music

This is a mistake on Amazon's end. If you look at the prices for the other editions, the Magazine version is listed at the same price.

I'm wondering if I should order it from them, too. Even with the shipping to the U.S. it will probably be worth it.

I just hope it shows up on time!

I still don't know if there is a bonus track and what that will be. Rumors are that it is the NLOTH 2 track available on the GOYB single but that would be a bit lame.

Just stumbled upon Amazon UK and found the boxset was £17.99 so I decided to pre-order it.

Just a headsup for those of you who are looking for (probably) the best price.

No Line On The Horizon (Ltd Edition Hardback Book CD+DVD): U2: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled my order on Amazon.de (some 45 euros) and ordered via the UK. It must be a mistake, the price is too low compared to other places. The only downside is that it was scheduled for dispatch on Feb 27 in Germany and Marc 2 in the UK. I can live with that (provided I hear the music somehow in the meantime).

They also made a mistake with the vinyl prices a while ago, announcing it for under 10 pounds.

This is a mistake on Amazon's end. If you look at the prices for the other editions, the Magazine version is listed at the same price.

I'm wondering if I should order it from them, too. Even with the shipping to the U.S. it will probably be worth it.

I just hope it shows up on time!

Who cares if it's their mistake, time to take advantage :wink:

What's funny is that price seems cheap for the magazine, too. Comes out to about $21 U.S., and on the U.S. Amazon site it's going for $35.

Someone really fucked up, or they're jacking the price up over here for some reason. Kick us while our economy's down, huh?

If it is a mistake, will they notify buyers if they change the price?

They can't really do that. The price guarantee works the other way--if they lower it they will notify you and reimburse the extra amount you paid. But there's nothing that says if they fucked up you have to pay the difference.

If it truly is a mistake by Amazon then they might cancel the order. Let's hope they don't...

I don't think they will - same thing happened with the JT special edition a while back. They increased the price at some point after I ordered but I still got it with the "cheap" price (it was Amazon.de).

Also, the vinyl is now £15.98 and my pre-order is still registered costing me £7.91 plus shipping (I'm outside the EU so no TVA for me). I think they can't increase the price once you pre-order.

wow... I really dont understand why they are offering it with so cheap price :hmm: anyway I just pre-ordered it :hyper::hyper: thanks a lot for the info!! :wave:

I wonder if we contact someone at Amazon and let them know, they'll be more likely to keep the orders that were already placed?

If too many people get it for so cheap it might become a big loss they don't want to cover.

Not saying I'm going to do this but something to think about.

I wonder if we contact someone at Amazon and let them know, they'll be more likely to keep the orders that were already placed?

If too many people get it for so cheap it might become a big loss they don't want to cover.

Not saying I'm going to do this but something to think about.

Someone will probably get fired over this once they find out that dozens of interferencers ordered this thing on a sunday afternoon.

Yeah I think the low price guarantee means that they've screwed up they have to accept it

I hope it means that :lol:

It has happened in the past when they listed an incorrect price by mistake that they cancelled the orders. It's also in their Conditions Of Use:
Amazon.co.uk: Help?>?Dispatch & Delivery?>?Pricing

What we do about mispricings

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the more than 1.5 million items in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the item.

If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel your order and notify you of that cancellation.

So I'm really hoping this isn't a mispricing...

It's without a doubt a mispricing, considering the magazine is listed at the same amount.

The question is, when they fix everything, how much is it going to go up? It still seems like the prices are lower than their U.S. counterparts.

If it is a misprice, the worst that can happen is they cancel the order and we have to buy it for the price we previously expected to.

Back
Top Bottom