The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
Intriguing theory. In that case, Bono has much improved, he can play more than 3 notes!!

He actually knows which end of the guitar to strum at. :ohmy:

I shall edit my original post to say:

This doesn't sound like a new direction at all! Money-grubbing bastards!

:wink:

angelordevil said:
Great job, Irishteen! I think we should all start a fund to keep you there...with plenty of nourishment and a small tent. :wink:

I can totally support this. Fuck the Salome Out-takes. Let's get every day and every single bloody note. :wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
:sad:...I'm blocked from downloading at my new job...:sigh:

I need to get home stat!!!

its not really anything to rush home for, he just going through octaves, sounds stupid if you ask me. i really believe whoever recorded this just caught edge working out his fingers. theres really nothing to analyze except for the tone...

Utoo said:
Irishteen, you ROCK! :yes: :yes:

This is perhaps the most cockrock/Santana-ish Edge has gotten since the Street Mission/Life On A Distant Planet days. Can definitely feel the Moroccan influence in there. Who knows what this tidbit will be in the end...but it's awesome to hear something at all. :combust:
is there another clip im not aware of? wtf were you listening to?

Oh I just think I should state that that 3 minute clip was recorded over a period of over 2 hours and is kinda all pieced together. So basically 5 hours in the studio and that is all U2 done

^ WTF? that's interesting....well then it could be anything really, i mean maybe he was just like trying to find a certain sound or arrangement to a certain section of a song or something weird I don't know...

was there other noise coming out of the studio or was what we heard it? If so then maybe he was in there just listening on headphones?

I have a few questions though still...

Do you know if there was anyone else with Edge in the studio?

Also, couldn't U2 be in that studio for 5 hours just everyone listening through surround sound speakers to new material and everyone collaborating on it, talking about it and whatnot....this is the first record I've really gotten into..but I'm assuming that the U2 studio process is not just playing, but everyone talking about re playing already recorded tracks or sections of songs...Am I right?

It sounds to me like he was noodling around for a certain sound, or a certain riff to accompany a preexisting track. I'd wager he had on a pair of headphones with a backing track, and had a microphone up to his amplifier to record whatever popped out.

haha what if it actually was Bono

I have been to Hanover Quay and I know the building is old and all, but I always figured that inside was a soundproofed studio, so I am delightfully surprised that the sound gets out. If I were in Dublin I'd be there all the time.

I'd probably agree with that idea, everything he played during the time I was there was similar, it sounded like he was trying to get something exactly right

He also played something which sounded like an intro for a while too

Hey, I said you were organized, not prepared!!!! :)

anyway, after you left, they all played the new demo, 'No Line On The Horizon', which was magical! I recorded a video with my phone, i will try to clean up the sound a bit because there were people talking next to the doors :mad: and see if anything decent can come out of it.

Varitek said:
haha what if it actually was Bono

I have been to Hanover Quay and I know the building is old and all, but I always figured that inside was a soundproofed studio, so I am delightfully surprised that the sound gets out. If I were in Dublin I'd be there all the time.

The sound comes out pretty clearly, if you go close to the door you can make it out nearly perfectly

Maybe it was Danny on guitar??? Never know

Thought about that too, could be possible

Thought I heard two guitars at times too but could just be effects

U2_Neat said:

anyway, after you left, they all played the new demo, 'No Line On The Horizon', which was magical! I recorded a video with my phone, i will try to clean up the sound a bit because there were people talking next to the doors :mad: and see if anything decent can come out of it.

My memory sucks :wink:

And they actually played something? Took them long enough lol

did they come outside at all in the end?

U2_Neat said:

SERIOUSLY??? Best day ever since the last album came out!!! Send it to artdirector, he was really good on Irishteen's. Holy shit.

Axver said:

I can totally support this. Fuck the Salome Out-takes. Let's get every day and every single bloody note. :wink:

You'll be the official archivist, of course. Hope you're still excited. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's a cool find/recording and all but i highly doubt you got anything other than the edge tooling around.

It's a bit of encouraging progress. Like when the contractors show up to build your dream home...it's nice to know they're actually working on it, instead of smoking cigarettes in the driveway.

U2_Neat said:
...anyway, after you left, they all played the new demo, 'No Line On The Horizon', which was magical! I recorded a video with my phone, i will try to clean up the sound a bit because there were people talking next to the doors :mad: and see if anything decent can come out of it.

DO IT! :hyper:

it was edge, not danny, i can tell, trust me :)

they came out at around midnight, but they were in a rush to get home, especially Bono.

U2_Neat said:
they came out at around midnight, but they were in a rush to get home, especially Bono.

They seem to be making a habit of the midnight leavings lol

They had no time to sign anything no?

U2_Neat said:

Oh wow, we need to hear this and I will love you forever. And yes, I second artdirector having a go at cleaning things up because his work with stuff is always excellent.

Actually, can you tell us if it sounded like any of the 2006 beach clips, specifically 402/I Believe?

angelordevil said:
You'll be the official archivist, of course. Hope you're still excited. :wink:

:lol: I actually just updated U2VT with records of Bono's recent a cappella versions of All You Need Is Love and I'm starting to get excited about all the U2 activity coming up.

Dr. Lemonseed said:
It sounds to me like he was noodling around for a certain sound, or a certain riff to accompany a preexisting track. I'd wager he had on a pair of headphones with a backing track, and had a microphone up to his amplifier to record whatever popped out.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom