The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irishteen said:
So here we are the first clips of U2's new sound and they're supplied by me :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cmxpdxcr7ym

Edit: Cleaned up, shortened clip

http://www.mediafire.com/?0j0jlmmj3jj

I listened to the second one, and it sounds to me like someone messing around making noise, not actual songs. People in other threads are talking about these clips as if they are concrete evidence of the progress of the album. Sounds like a warm-up session to me. :shrug:

Re: Re: The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

Rachel D. said:

I listened to the second one, and it sounds to me like someone messing around making noise, not actual songs. People in other threads are talking about these clips as if they are concrete evidence of the progress of the album. Sounds like a warm-up session to me. :shrug:

I think the fact that it was all he was playing for over a space of a couple of hours is a hint that it is at least something, even if that is the 7seventh guitar layer in the right speaker during the chorus :wink:

irishteen, do you know when they will be recording again? do you plan on making anymore trips or no? :hyper:

Re: Re: Re: The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

Irishteen said:

I think the fact that it was all he was playing for over a space of a couple of hours is a hint that it is at least something, even if that is the 7seventh guitar layer in the right speaker during the chorus :wink:
I thought it was common knowledge that it take Edge two hours to warm up, 3 minutes to record something, and 24 hours to cool down...

any idea on roughly when the guys should be back at hanover? thinkin of takin a train ride down sometime, never been near it before would be cool to meet some of the ones living nearby as well.

Re: Re: The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

Rachel D. said:

U2_Neat's clip is of an actual song. Irishteens is more the edge warming up/doing scales. So i would listen to everything before making the assumption that theres no evidence of progress. while its not of the highest quality whatsoever, i think it is decent evidence that they are progressing.

Sorry to rain on people's parades, but I can't hear a note till about a minute and a bit in, and surprisingly, as people said, it is just scales!

gherman said:
Wow. You guys either have WAY too much time on your hands or you just are really in U2 withdrawl:|

Have to agree. I just deleted both clips from my computer. I was in the middle of listening to When You Come by Crowded House as well. :grumpy:

COBL_04 said:
Sorry to rain on people's parades, but I can't hear a note till about a minute and a bit in, and surprisingly, as people said, it is just scales!

again, there's a third clip with music that's not just scales.

i'll be there probably on Tuesday,
maybe Wednesday, too, if there's not much work to do...
(although there's always much work to do, but anyway :))

a bit offtopic, but i'm doing a masters in mobile & ubiquitous computing.
tough stuff :)

yeah, i'll probably be there tomorrow, hope i can get a decent recording this time.

i've decided to go today cause well the sooner the better haha!. i should be down by about 1pm. hopefully i'll get to meet u U2_Neat and some other fans, i love meeting people so big into u2. considering bringing my guitar down to kill boredom, lay some u2 tunes. we'll see what happens. anyway wooohoo!!!!!! hope its not a long walk from connolley stat. the things u gotta do for rock n roll eh? lol im so woohoo

U2_Neat, djgeeree :up: :up: hope you get the opportunity to meet up with them.

If either of you get the chance (and can even remember), ask if they will debut any new work, ala REM's Dublin shows last year. Get something out of them :wink:

If you ask me, Stipe and the boys have some balls to play work a year before their album and test it. I keep going to their website daily for the ninety nights feature.

Re: heyyyyyyyyy yooooooooooooou guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

Headache in a Suitcase said:

sloth.jpg

Ha Ha....

Thanks for the clips,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom