SOI dosent count towards the grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
According to sky news because the release dosent come out until the 13th of october then it misses the grammy cut off point. The free download dosent count

Shame

Billboard, which will include the album in chart listings only after its October release, said Songs Of Innocence will also miss the Grammy awards eligibility period, which runs from to September 30 this year, and only applies to "commercially released" records.

From sky news

I think the band didn't want this album to be the grammy winner....

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

I wonder if that's true for "The Miracle" too, which is the first single. There clearly won't be a physical release and given the song is "free", non one will pay for it either.

I think the Grammy's should change their rules as the music industry is not changing too. Sure, there's still iTunes for $$, but more and more artists are doing free releases connected with corporations. It's so easy to download music for free that the only way musicians can make $$ is to release in this format. The days of traditional singles and albums is now over and the Grammy's may have to move with the times.

All of that said, I don't think U2 would win much with this release. SoI may have been nominated for rock album - and that may still occur for the following year. But unless this album surprisingly takes off, I'm not seeing a lot of awards for it.

All of that said, I don't think U2 would win much with this release. SoI may have been nominated for rock album - and that may still occur for the following year. But unless this album surprisingly takes off, I'm not seeing a lot of awards for it.

Do you not like the album mate?

I wonder if that's true for "The Miracle" too, which is the first single. There clearly won't be a physical release and given the song is "free", non one will pay for it either.

I think the Grammy's should change their rules as the music industry is not changing too. Sure, there's still iTunes for $$, but more and more artists are doing free releases connected with corporations. It's so easy to download music for free that the only way musicians can make $$ is to release in this format. The days of traditional singles and albums is now over and the Grammy's may have to move with the times.

It wouldn't win an award because you don't like it?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The doctorwho award is only marginally less prestigious than a Grammy at this point.

FWIW, counting U2 out for a Grammy because they'll have to wait a year is like believing the sun won't rise because it's scheduled to come up a minute later than the previous day. It's really only a matter of time.

Last edited:

This is the big question. U2 love to have their lead single qualify in one Grammy "year" and the album in the next (remember the awkwardness of HTDAAB winning awards in 2006 thanks to working the cutoffs?), so I wonder if they will find a way to sneak in The Miracle for the forthcoming Grammy's and hold the album over for the next round.

Back
Top Bottom