SOE 32: let there be no leak puns..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tuned in to Absolute Radio earlier for the competition to win the album listening party next week at Abbey Road. The DJ's acted out a little scene which was supposed to link to one of U2's songs and you had to ring in and guess the title. I genuinely could not work out anything from the clip, so when I got through on the phones on separate occasions I just guessed randomly, One, B.Day etc, just the most obvious I could think of. I was told "Sorry, wrong answer" each time.

Then it was over and they had three people who got through, the first two said the same wrong answers as I did - yet they were given a pair of tickets each! The correct answer was Pride which the last guy got, and he got tickets too of course. Good luck to them all and they all sounded so delighted - I guess it all just points to being lucky at that moment, albeit with the correct or incorrect answer!!:wink:

I have two superfan tickets for the gig tomorrow and unfortunately I can’t make it anymore, gutted. I can send someone the tickets via ticketmaster, if there is someone who lives in London anyway, and wants to chance it and go down and see if they’ll get the wristbands or not. My name is on the tickets, and as we know they do say they’ll ask for ID. But if someone wants to take a chance on it, let me know via pm.

I have two superfan tickets for the gig tomorrow and unfortunately I can’t make it anymore, gutted. I can send someone the tickets via ticketmaster, if there is someone who lives in London anyway, and wants to chance it and go down and see if they’ll get the wristbands or not. My name is on the tickets, and as we know they do say they’ll ask for ID. But if someone wants to take a chance on it, let me know via pm.

I'll send a message over on here :up:

For some reason I cannot PM you on here - can't figure out how to change that! Would you be able to email me?? nick@daymorris.co.uk

Many thanks!!

I tuned in to Absolute Radio earlier for the competition to win the album listening party next week at Abbey Road. The DJ's acted out a little scene which was supposed to link to one of U2's songs and you had to ring in and guess the title. I genuinely could not work out anything from the clip, so when I got through on the phones on separate occasions I just guessed randomly, One, B.Day etc, just the most obvious I could think of. I was told "Sorry, wrong answer" each time.

Then it was over and they had three people who got through, the first two said the same wrong answers as I did - yet they were given a pair of tickets each! The correct answer was Pride which the last guy got, and he got tickets too of course. Good luck to them all and they all sounded so delighted - I guess it all just points to being lucky at that moment, albeit with the correct or incorrect answer!!:wink:

I had that on aswell, I kept ringing while on the toilet at work. To be told all lines are busy :-(

I went with one because the presenter kept saying one and also the link with the two beasts.I thought the one video.

Then they were giving people the tickets who hadn't guessed right. To be fair though I was chuffed for that woman. Sure she said she had seen u2 200 times. She just broke down in tears on the phone

sorry to be negative but I’m sure I am not going to like next Thursday.

Or the next puppy I meet...

I am sure of these things.

c64bc68bfc30ff919068100faad9ee03--mini-yorkie-adorable-puppies.jpg

Then they were giving people the tickets who hadn't guessed right. To be fair though I was chuffed for that woman. Sure she said she had seen u2 200 times. She just broke down in tears on the phone

Was it Sil?

I heard the new album

Hi all.

Long time forum lurker here. I'm a very lucky fan that has heard all of Songs of Experience.

Feel free to shoot any questions about it my way. Personally I feel the album is stronger than Songs of Innocence only because it tries harder.

There's some solid tunes on here, but for those fans that seemingly hate when U2 go "pop", well then this is not the album for you.

For me the highlights were Summer of Love, Red Flag Day and Love is all we have left, which I thought albeit short, was a really beautiful, mellow song.

Landlady is the worst song on the album IMO. And never thought I'd say this but it could have benefited from being shorter!

Hi all.

Long time forum lurker here. I'm a very lucky fan that has heard all of Songs of Experience.

Feel free to shoot any questions about it my way. Personally I feel the album is stronger than Songs of Innocence only because it tries harder.

There's some solid tunes on here, but for those fans that seemingly hate when U2 go "pop", well then this is not the album for you.

For me the highlights were Summer of Love, Red Flag Day and Love is all we have left, which I thought albeit short, was a really beautiful, mellow song.

Landlady is the worst song on the album IMO. And never thought I'd say this but it could have benefited from being shorter!

How were the lyrics? Any standouts relative to the whole discography? Did the lyrics tend to be like those of The Best Thing or?

Hi all.

Any cool Edge solos/sounds?

Hi all.

How were you able to hear it so soon?

What are your thought on " Lights of Home"?

What songs (if any) have The Edge up front and chiming away?

Are there any songs that you would consider "classic" U2? By that I mean put them up against the best of the catalog(not necessarily better just up there)

Are you the same person on Twitter(SOE-Nigma) who joined recently and posted your reviews? I ask because you have the same top 3 songs

Last edited:
Hi all.

Lots of good questions coming your way so far. I hope you can give us some good insight. And I want to thank you in advance for doing this. You will be busy. :)

1. Like Cosmo asked - Any you would consider classic U2 songs? I put EBW and RBW into that category.

2. How does 13 hold up? I'm not a fan of the chorus of SFS, so I'm worried about this.

Sucks to hear about Landlady. I was really interested by how it was described by Bono. Hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised.

3. Lights of Home - is the part with Haim good? Can you tell they used the sample bass part?? Is it more of rocking tune?

Again, thank you so much. i love to hear straight from fans.

1. Like Cosmo asked - Any you would consider classic U2 songs? I put EBW and RBW into that category.

I too put EBW in the classic category, unreal song! RBW was actually one of three songs that didn't click with me on SOI. Don't think it's a bad song but the chorus fell flat with me (lyrically it's amazing).

I have just this questions for Howya:

How do you rate Joshua Tree vs Achtung Baby?
Which album is better: Pop or Bomb?

I guess the answers will help me understand your review of SOE. Glad you heard it!

Hi all.

Many good questions already asked so I don't want to bug you with more questions. Looking forward to your reviews and answers. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom