So Whats Wrong With NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batfink27

Acrobat
After all the hypes died down and we realise the albums not very good and flopping,whats wrong with it? I think realeasing the awul Boots as a first single was a start. The poor Crazy and Stand Up dont help and theres just not enough songs like Magnificent.

After all the hypes died down and we realise the albums not very good and flopping,whats wrong with it? I think realeasing the awul Boots as a first single was a start. The poor Crazy and Stand Up dont help and theres just not enough songs like Magnificent.

The album is their best since Zooropa. What more can you ask for? :)
NLOTH, Magnificent, MOS, IGCTIIDGCT, FBB, WAS, Breathe and COL are all 10/10 songs. UC and GOYB are 8/10 songs and SUC are the only real weak song
on the album.

Just because the album dosnt sell as good as the two latest albums it dosnt make it a bad album. I see it as a moore good thing, if less mainstream people listen to it you know that it is more experimental :) AB didnt sell as much as JT, it was a bit of contrast in sales. But that album was harder for mainstream people to listen to then JT.

After all the hypes died down and we realise the albums not very good

:|

Stand Up Comedy isn't really on par with the rest of the album, and that amazing extended Magnificent solo from the "Three cities" clip on U2.com isn't on it. That's all I can think of.

And the first single is incredible. So far, they've done everything right.

SEXY BOOTS :rockon::rockon::rockon:

It isnt flopping but I think some things could have been done differently.

1. Boots replaced with MOS as the lead single. It would be a statement of intent for the band and break ppls perceptions of them as over the hill rockers playing to a formula.

2. Do something (anything!) with those 3 middle tracks. It kills an otherwise brilliant album.

Other than that, they did a great job. I'm proud of them :)

It isnt flopping but I think some things could have been done differently.

1. Boots replaced with MOS as the lead single. It would be a statement of intent for the band and break ppls perceptions of them as over the hill rockers playing to a formula.

2. Do something (anything!) with those 3 middle tracks. It kills an otherwise brilliant album.

Other than that, they did a great job. I'm proud of them :)

Yeah, Boots should never have made the album, every time I see them doing it live on the TV I cringe, it got the album off to a bad start. I like most of SUC but the line 'Come on you people stand up for your love' kills the song, it's too preechy. I don't have a problem with IGCIIDGCT I think it's a good pop song. The middle 3 songs do cause a bit of a problem with the overall feel of the album. Having said all that I rate this album in U2's top 3 AB -1, JT -2 NLOTH -3. It certainly isn't a failure, some of the bad reviews make me scratch my head in amazement and sales are mo sign if an album is good or bad (HTDAAB sold a lot more in it's first few weeks than NLOTH does that make it a better album ? No line is a much, much stronger album than Bomb.

I agree Boots should never have been the single, but there is no way this album is a flop. Even if the sales aren't as good as the last two albums, this is a much better than those two. If we could be given the choice for another album like the last two and it goes on to sell 12-13 million copies or NLOTH and it goes on to sell 8-9 million, hopefully more, then I know would have chosen NLOTH everytime and I think majority on here would as well or I am completely wrong.
Who cares what the sales figures are really, it seems that the only albums that sell a huge amount are not just mainstream, but quite bland and boring.
If being popular and selling lots of records nowadays means U2 have to turn into Coldplay and release soft poppy crap rock, then I'd rather they weren't popular anymore or turn into some nostalgia act, repeating the same formula to keep the masses and critics happy. F*** the critics and those fans who don't like the challenge or a change in music style, not everything has to be that easily accessible or likeable.
U2 had to evolve again and try something different, it might not have totally worked, but this album needed to be something new and innovative in some way and to some extent it achieves that.
It can also be argued that it is too early to judge the album as a success or failure. Only once the album has been around for a year or so and the tour is well underway can anyone make a fully informed judgement as to the overall success of the album, some might even say give it several years and see how the album grows.
If you don't like it or at least some of it, you might never change your mind, but to say the album is a flop or a failure is a bit strong, at least for now.

The album would have had more success (in sales) had they released Magnificent as the first single...but thats not a big deal for me.

This album is far from a flop. IMO, this is a masterpiece (though my opinion might change in time..) that is right up there with AB, TJT, Pop and ALYCLB.

Keep in mind that with a bad economy, more people than ever are stealing albums, which I find very sad. One of my best buddies--a person who got me into U2--owns every album/DVD to through HTDAAB and who I've seen every concert with, downloaded the album without paying. In his words: "U2 has enough money...I don't."

I'm thinking that the last 6 months economically have scared people enough to where sales will ultimately be lower.

There's nothing bad with this album, I think it's a masterpiece, I think it has some of their best songs ever, and some of my favourite songs when thinking in music in general, not only U2's music.

If they don't sell so much as they did before it is because more and more people steal music in the web, and much more now that people have come to the conclusion that being in an economical crisis entitles them to steal from where it's possible, sad to say.

NLOTH is number 1 in 31 countries, so if this album sales are poor, imagine the others.

It just came out and will likely be available, I don't know, 'til the end of time????

Let's check back in 2050 and see if it flopped. Maybe the tour will be over by then, too, and we can see how the songs translated live. I am thinking one or two more people will have picked up the album by then.

I drive home listening to NLOTH and forget about the stupid shit people say here and realize how much I love the songs on this album.

Then I come to this site and read some of the most rediculous shit about the band and the album.

I especially love the posts about how "one song ruins the album" or "the album would be perfect if they did this one thing":doh:

Why can't people appreciate the things they have anymore

I drive home listening to NLOTH and forget about the stupid shit people say here and realize how much I love the songs on this album.

Then I come to this site and read some of the most rediculous shit about the band and the album.

I especially love the posts about how "one song ruins the album" or "the album would be perfect if they did this one thing":doh:

:up:

That's actually a very good question, but I don't know the answer to it.
We're human, and we're u2 fans; we must bitch.

Re: this thread: my favorite stuff is:
"It's their best album since AB"
"It's their best album since Zooropa"
"It's their best album since POP"
"It's their best album since ATYCLB"

LOL.

For me, definitely their best since Bomb.

obviously the guy is just being a shit starter

why does everyone who has some sort of opinion about something regarding anything have to start another pointless thread?

PS-does anyone even know about 'peeling off those dollar bills'? people should check it out, notice the album went to # 1 in (i believe) 31 countries, and then they can come back here and explain how 'bad' the album is and how it is a 'flop'. Actually, based on sales, its pretty much a statistical FACT that this album is NOT a flop........

I think it's easily their best since AB. :wave:

This.

I just wish that Interference would stop flopping. That's what's wrong with this part of the forum. People just WANT to see the negative stuff so badly.

Since when is selling 60.000 copies in a TINY country on the FIRST day called a flop? And isn't it double platinum in the US already?

There is NOTHING wrong with the album.

The question should be: What's wrong with some fans?

Some fans = flopping :down:

Oh, and "we" don't "realise the album's not very good". Speak for yourself, dude. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom