Should NLOTH2 be a single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
I've heard NLOH2 on the "alternative nation" channel on xm radio a few times and I have to say it sounds damn good on the radio. Probably they're catchiest radio tune from this album.

I think it would make a nice little single. (even though i prefer the album version)

when I heard NLOTH II was the only time when I started to worry about the then upcoming album

since my taste does far from equal a song being a successful single it might be a good idea to release it as a single
apart from it already having been a "b-side"

It was already a B-Side for Boots, so it'd never happen.

I do like it however, I think it would have faired far better if it was a single in its own right.

I realise this question wasn't moulded out of the belief that NLOTH2 will be an actual single but the album version is much more substantial (and completed). Also, NLOTH2's tempo is too quick and I make this point as Boots at 150BPM is already a single off this album and releasing two rock categorised singles wouldn't be the way to go. (eg. ABOY, Vertigo)

Should see Magnificent, Crazy (to target the ATYCLB, HTDAAB casual fan) and Breathe to finish it off and you have diversified the album with the singles. Although maybe UC or a slower song would be needed to express the ballads, gospel songs, haunting french horn efforts of the album.

when I heard NLOTH II was the only time when I started to worry about the then upcoming album

me too. I was so confused when everyone loved it; I thought something was wrong with my ears :huh: I think I'll delete it from my computer. I kind of never want to hear it again.

and for the record, this is about the only U2 song I've ever felt this way about.

so no, I don't think it should be a single. but then again a lot of people liked it here so who knows, maybe it would do well with the masses :shrug:

i actually like the version on you tube where they are recording (i think) NLOTH. It sounds better than either one mentioned. Haha. ALT Nation plays NLOTH II quite a bit, i have no problem with it, im just glad its getting played i suppose. :up:

i can see what you're saying Chizip. it's basically a fun mix of a brillian album version.

I've heard NLOH2 on the "alternative nation" channel on xm radio a few times and I have to say it sounds damn good on the radio. Probably they're catchiest radio tune from this album.

I think it would make a nice little single. (even though i prefer the album version)

No - radio edit of the album version!

It should HAVE been a single. Now it's degraded to a B-side it would seem ridiculous to release it.

I've loved this song since the first listen, and I think it would be quite radio friendly.
Much better than Boots in any way.

When I listen to the album and I always rush for the remote so that the brilliance of Cedars as a closer isn't contaminated by the twisted funk of NLOTH2.

Glad it didn't make the album, should never be a single when you've got Breathe and Magnificent waiting in the wings.

I like the music...but Bono needs to learn the lyrics and sing in a less obviously painful key for this version to be any more than U2 karaoking themselves...

I agree...I was actually a little worried about the album when this song came out...

I don't get the hate for this song. It's my favourite song out of all the new stuff. :shrug:

Glad it didn't make the album, should never be a single when you've got Breathe and Magnificent waiting in the wings.

NLOTH2 would be a much bigger radio hit than breathe (even though it may not be the better song)

i also don't think magnificent will be a big radio hit either, we will see though

I liked it, but the released version fits much better with the album.

Plus there's no way Bono can sing that one on a nightly basis.

Back
Top Bottom