Riddle of the = solved ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chewbacca

The Fly
Ok, my last thread on a theory of the cover got merged which is cool, but I think this one deserves it own, if other people can see it too.

I just ok up and blurry eyed had to look at the cover and something dawned on me.

Here goes

look at the cover and stare between the two bars.

they seem to slowly move and come together blocking out the horizon.

can anyone else see it?
or am I still asleep?

518_main1.jpg

sorry dude...I think it might be just you.

I don't think its an optical illusion or anything...but I could be wrong.

As I said in another thread, its not representing the literal translation of "No line on the horizon" but more of the esoteric, more eastern zen like IDEA of it. The equals sign links the two opposites that can't exist without the other. Almost like Yin and Yang. This album cover is kind of like another way of expressing the "Yin and Yang".

wow, I did it again,
need to really relax your eyes, and it works easier if you are a little bit back, rather than up close, (i had to hold my laptop at arms length)

it like a now you see the horizon, no you dont thing.

when doing it the sky, bleeds down endlessly into the sea, as the grey bars fill it in perfectly

I am 100000% certain this works, it not like a normal optical illusion though, it works more like those magic eye things. (which I normally find really hard to do, but my eyes are still lazy)

Come on someone else must be able to do it? anyone out there thats good with magic eye thingies?

If you cant see it ? could you believe that I can, and at least grasp the idea,

doesn't this explain so much?

explains the bars
explains why no artist or title
explains why the picture with the horizon is used opposed to the really cool ones without.

it makes a strip down the middle look like the 1st artwork that was posted with no horizon.

I cant stop looking at it.

If you let your eye stare past it... the two dashes become four....
representing that while Bono and the edge are what most people see if you see past the two you find four...deep :wink:

There could definitely be some optical illusions at play...not sure what though but when you get these greys together cool shit can happen.

Here is an interesting optical illusion - the A square and B square are exactly the same colour.
orqkgk.jpg

Does anyone know if magic eye pictures are more difficult on a monitor? and that they are easier in printed form?

There could definitely be some optical illusions at play...not sure what though but when you get these greys together cool shit can happen.

Here is an interesting optical illusion - the A square and B square are exactly the same colour.
orqkgk.jpg

Hmm, how do you know they are?

I don't see it.

And perhaps you really should realise why the other thread was merged. It's because it's about the same topic as the other thread; the cover. It may be more in depth, but it's a chaos here already.

ok, im chopping up what it looks like, give me 2 secs?

Can ANYONE see how this would explain a few things?

I remember someone else posting about the Horizon, something like
"just because you see it, doesn't mean that it's there"

I don't see it.

And perhaps you really should realise why the other thread was merged. It's because it's about the same topic as the other thread; the cover. It may be more in depth, but it's a chaos here already.

yeah and i'd agree with you if I have been a member for 6 mths and a post count of 10,000+

But i'm not

yeah and i'd agree with you if I have been a member for 6 mths and a post count of 10,000+

But i'm not

That has pretty much nothing to do with it. It's more the fact that a lot of people registered lately and a lot of people open new threads on basically the same topics. It's just a matter of trying to keep the forum organized.

And I did try your trick, maybe it's because I'm on a laptop, but I really do not see it.

OK,

I accept that NO ONE else can see it. YET

But I'll ask again,

can anyone see how it would explain some things?

choice of photo,
the bars
and no text on it?

Back
Top Bottom