Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooo actually, thinking about it - Coldplay do have a new EP out don't they pretty soon into the new year. My money is still on U2 though.

Maybe people have forgotten about U2 being the biggest band in the world at the moment and replaced them with Coldplay? :hmm:

Ooo actually, thinking about it - Coldplay do have a new EP out don't they pretty soon into the new year. My money is still on U2 though.

It came out last week, so I guess it might make sense but they probably would of been on last month's

Maybe people have forgotten about U2 being the biggest band in the world at the moment and replaced them with Coldplay? :hmm:

U2 haven't released an album in four years, to most people they aren't the biggest band in the world right now

coldplay are good and all but they look up to the Masters.

But this isn't something Coldplay said, it's what a magazine said and I don't think they'd class U2 as being the biggest band in the world right now when they've been silent for years

Anyone remember Dido? She was bigger than U2 in the UK, took a four year break and when she came back her new album flopped. Seriously, unless U2 have a huge single their new album could completely flop, most people don't have the attention span to wait four years for an album.

Not saying that it won't be U2 but there's current bands who are probably the biggest band in the world right now

But if U2 release a hit single and a great album they should kick the contenders off I guess, and I am fairly confident on that. To keep the title they need another album release about 2 years later.

Aren't Q and MOJO magazine owned by the same company/person? I recall reading somewhere that the two magazine are compatible with each other or "sister magazines" or something like that. MOJO just had the Edge interview, so it might make sense that it Q would have U2 up next. :hmm:

As horrifying as the thought is to me, Coldplay is indeed the biggest band in the world right now. They're dull as dishwater, but inoffensive, so it's hardly surprising.

Seriously, unless U2 have a huge single their new album could completely flop, most people don't have the attention span to wait four years for an album.

Nah, U2 has such a huge fanbase that's been with them for 20+ years that they'll ALWAYS sell a ton of records.
A flop? Well, Zooropa and Pop were pretty low selling compared to their other huge ones, but after the last two megahits, there is going to be a built in market no matter what. In fact, if they didn't release it for another two years it would probably be even better selling, because then it would considered a comeback.

coldplay suck

Come on, people, stop it, there is really no need to constantly bash other bands. It's fair to assume that Coldplay are big right now, the Killers are big right now, U2 will be big again in 2009. What's the problem? The world is big enough for all of them, there isn't a U2 Monopoly or something.

when the press was talking about the biggest band in the world for the last 5 years they always ment "the Rolling Stones" on place 1, and "U2" on second place.
I really think they mean U2 this time...

Come on, people, stop it, there is really no need to constantly bash other bands. It's fair to assume that Coldplay are big right now, the Killers are big right now, U2 will be big again in 2009. What's the problem? The world is big enough for all of them, there isn't a U2 Monopoly or something.

But they do suck.

It is Coldplay, it has already come out in Asia. Chris Martin is on the cover

If this is the issue I'm thinking of, it's been out over here for a while. It says that Coldplay are the biggest band in the world on the cover. No foolin'. It's all gold and shit, and Christine Martini is doing a pompous pose on it.

Coldplay may have just stolen the dark blue monopoly from U2, folks. And they're building a hotel on Mayfair. And Brendan Flowers is playing as the wheelbarrow.

The edition the original poster of this thread was speaking about is the January (or February?) 2009 edition, not the current one.

I'm sure it's not Coldplay.

If you ask me:

next month they will be back in the company of old friends, the biggest band in the world

does sound A LOT like it will be U2.

It´s Coldplay and states "best band in the world" not biggest! We all know that not to be true and that the answer to both is of course U2:applaud:

The edition the original poster of this thread was speaking about is the January (or February?) 2009 edition, not the current one.

I'm sure it's not Coldplay.

If you ask me:

next month they will be back in the company of old friends, the biggest band in the world

does sound A LOT like it will be U2.

:hmm: Does Q consider Coldplay "old friends"?

^ That's what I'm asking myself as well.

Maybe the OP can come back to tell us which issue of Q this will be. I think the new one has a Kings of Leon cover.

But they do suck.

I agree with last unicorn... it seems like if it is not U2 it sucks!!!! You people there ARE other bands other then U2 you should wake up and listen you DON"T know what you are missing and you can't compare every band to U2, each band is different and are good in some aspects and bad in others just like U2 is good in some areas and bad in others! So yes I don't get all this band bashing either.

Back
Top Bottom