NLOTH 'eureka moments'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacvbo

The Fly
Based on The Edge's quote: 'I want people to listen... I think it could be a bringing to bear of all those eureka moments from the past'

I really think NLOTH resembles previous work, here's what I think these 'eureka moments' are:

-The overall feel of No Line (the song), reminds me of the sonic explosion of Achtung Baby
-I could say the same about Magnificent and The Unforgettable Fire
-The Oh's at the end of Moment of Surrender= Stay Faraway So Close
-The joy and happiness of Crazy Tonight reminds me of Beautiful Day, also the 'Baby, baby, baby' from Ultraviolet
-Cedars in my opinion has the feel of Wake up dead man...

IMO this record really is a revision of some of the best work the band has ever done, but it's an improvement, what do you think?

"The Oh's at the end of Moment of Surrender" - this is the major one...would make a MASSIVE closer...(extended Oh's like their version of kite would be a killer ending!)

Based on The Edge's quote: 'I want people to listen... I think it could be a bringing to bear of all those eureka moments from the past'

I really think NLOTH resembles previous work, here's what I think these 'eureka moments' are:

-The overall feel of No Line (the song), reminds me of the sonic explosion of Achtung Baby
-The joy and happiness of Crazy Tonight reminds me of Beautiful Day, also the 'Baby, baby, baby' from Ultraviolet

IMO this record really is a revision of some of the best work the band has ever done, but it's an improvement, what do you think?

You seem to be saying eureka = reminds me of...

Am I understanding you correctly?

And honestly besides the "baby, baby, baby" part, I don't see it...

Cedars Of Lebanon reminds more of Velvet Dress.
Unknown Caller has obvious similarities with Walk On in the guitar riffs and some percurssion.

So you mean "eureka" not in the orgasmic meaning, but "eureka" as in the "oh, I just made a connection" meaning? Magnificent through and through is JT/UF/Streets/ASOH-esque. Cedars' sombre tone and topic reminds me of MOTD. Breathe, out of its sheer place on the album, carries the tradition of the band cleverly sticking a gem of a song towards the end of the album where you least expect it, in the vein of Electric Co, Exit, Acrobat, Dirty Day, and Please.

they'll play it

Yep. :yes: Probably with some added crescendo bit toward the end (ie. Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" ("We'll shine like stars in the summer night..." often featured at the end of WOWY)). I really love hearing that part. To me, it makes a pretty somber song sound rather joyous, and really enhances the live performance.

The Fly-ish riff on the title song, the updated JT sound on Magnificent and the start of Unkown caller guitar sounding like Walk on.

I think Bono's "oh's" in the song NLOTH are a big eureka moment. They sound so strong and confident. To me it says 'my voice is back' and in the lead song it carries even more meaning.

Magnificent.... some think its UF updated, some JT

What do people think it sounds more like?

Back
Top Bottom