NLOTH - advanced release in Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking about buying a Japanese Achtung Baby because the mix is supposed to be different and a 2002 remaster, but then we are going to get the uber remastered version this year so there's really no point.

This happened with the Killers release too

Japan - Wednesday
Ireland/Europe - Friday
UK - Monday
US - Tuesday

Yeah, I didn't actually look at a calender, I wasn't thinking about the fact that Feb is a shorter month, but still this seems odd, I always thought they spaced out everything so that even with the time changes there's only 24-48 hour release difference. I guess not.

So regarding album release dates, U2.com says:

"Released on March 2nd (March 3rd in the US)"

Wouldn't they mention something if it were being released earlier for other countries?

Have they done it in the past then?
Even if they haven't it's still not very unusual for some countries to get it before others if you ask me.

The Swedish release date is going to be March 4th here though according to our Universal office. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was released on November 24th instead of the official date of November 22nd. For some reason they prefer new releases to be avaliable on Wednesdays :madspit::angry:

So regarding album release dates, U2.com says:

"Released on March 2nd (March 3rd in the US)"

Wouldn't they mention something if it were being released earlier for other countries?

Does this mean European interferencers will be bragging to US interferencers on March 2nd?

I'm guessing ordering a Japanese import would take too long to arrive. Flights to Ireland might not be quite so bad if you want it 3 days early! (I usually live in Northern Ireland so it would've been an easy drive.. I'm at a Scottish University, dammit!)

It's been confirmed by Universal that the album will be released on the 27th of February in many European countries. We always get albums on Fridays. Amazon also has that release date.

"About 4 1/2 years on from the big hit album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" released in 2004 and sold over 9million copies worldwide, U2 have now completed their 12th studio-recording album!"

Oh god, I love Japan.

I checked back HMV a few minutes ago...
It seems they moved the release date for all formats. The international release now will be out March 1st and the Japanese edition is due March 4th. So now Ireland is going to be the first country to have the album out.

It seems they moved the release date for all formats. The international release now will be out March 1st and the Japanese edition is due March 4th. So now Ireland is going to be the first country to have the album out.

damn.

March 1st is a Sunday? I assume Ireland release is 27th as before.

Germany, Austria and France are getting it on the 27th.

We all know the day it's realesed anywhere, especially Japan it will be available for download. Why in the year of 2009 U2 doesn't sell the tunes on their own website is beyond me. I mean If the official tracks were there for me to download offically I might just pay for them, ie radiohead, i gave them for $4.20, in support of the idea more than just "In Rainbows", great album...

Japanese Mp3s do...

I'm assuming if this is true, this is some sort of plan to combat piracy - not sure how good a job it will do for the rest of the world though...

Yep. they are ensuring that they at least get some sales in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom