New release date? / NLOTH Release Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Netherlands 27, means that i'll have the album probably few days earlier (25 maybe?). This online store her always start sending the albums when they receive them (if you pre-order). Like this I got the new Springsteen 3 days before they were available in the shops

Netherlands 27, means that i'll have the album probably few days earlier (25 maybe?). This online store her always start sending the albums when they receive them (if you pre-order). Like this I got the new Springsteen 3 days before they were available in the shops

sweet. yeah, i really do think the latest that i will actually hear the album will be the 24th.

Hmmmm....so here's the dilemma:

Do I download the songs if they leak and play them on my shitty computer speakers at work?

or

Do I wait till the physical CD is released, spend 15 minutes cursing and chipping a tooth trying to get the plastic off of it, pop open the case, pause and look at the CD artwork before ramming it into my CD player, grabbing a Martini and listening away like the good ole days?

Hmmmm......:hmm:

Hmmmm....so here's the dilemma:

Do I download the songs if they leak and play them on my shitty computer speakers at work?

or

Do I wait till the physical CD is released, spend 15 minutes cursing and chipping a tooth trying to get the plastic off of it, pop open the case, pause and look at the CD artwork before ramming it into my CD player, grabbing a Martini and listening away like the good ole days?

Hmmmm......:hmm:

The answer is "C": All of the above.

If it were me, I'd find a way to get out of the John Landis interview. John Landis or a new U2 album? No brainer. :wink:

last time I didn't listen to the leak, and it was hard to resist

I had pre-ordered the Deluxe version, that arrived the Saturday after the release (just 5 days later)

I only heard it before on an LEGAL online presentation, on msn.com or something like that

but I don't know about this time... I hope my preorder comes BEFORE the release date, or at least not 5 days later

U2 or John Landis.......tough choice, both legends. I think you should go to John Landis and then tell him that you are missing a U2 preview because of his press conference and that to make it up he should direct U2's next video - a 15-minute big-budget spectacular a la Thriller.

I just want to see Bono turn into a werewolf :lol:

Great idea! And I'll ask him if I can play in it as well! And we all see in Q how well evil suits Bono!

I like preordering from Itunes, because always at midnight on that day, you can download the album. As opposed to waiting for the store to open, and buying a physical copy.

I like preordering from Itunes, because always at midnight on that day, you can download the album. As opposed to waiting for the store to open, and buying a physical copy.

I thought about doing that...but I want to hear the songs on a better quality CD over crappy mp3's. Trust me, there is a difference. I didn't spend a grand on my sound system to have it play shitty mp3's. I'm actually in the process of getting a nice turntable to play the vinyl version.

Meh, my sound system is crap. I'll buy the boxset, of course. But I'll be downloading it as soon as possible.

GO GO MP3s!!!!!

U2's publicist told me earlier that she doesn't know if I'll have another op to hear the album, so gee, I guess I'll have to give the film fest a skip (as much as I would have loved meeting John Landis).
There are also other details surrounding the release which I can't discuss for now (still tentative).

Sirena, if you do go to the listening party, will you be able to at least come back here and tell us your impressions, or do you have to swear to complete silence?

Sirena, if you do go to the listening party, will you be able to at least come back here and tell us your impressions, or do you have to swear to complete silence?

Well, as there have been several reviews already published, I don't think there would be a problem if I discussed the album. It's not like the new Springsteen album - there was an international embargo until Jan. 19 imposed by Sony BMG, meaning that no one was allowed to publish a review before then.

Sirena is spanish for Mermaid

maybe she's trying to loure us and she'll kill us :ohmy:

You've discovered my secret. I'm a she-devil disguised as a mermaid! Actually, U2 have hired me to come here and lure you to open up about downloading the new album. Boy, have I got some juicy stuff to tell them!

Well, as there have been several reviews already published, I don't think there would be a problem if I discussed the album. It's not like the new Springsteen album - there was an international embargo until Jan. 19 imposed by Sony BMG, meaning that no one was allowed to publish a review before then.

very cool. if possible, would you be able to try to be a little more specific than "hard rocker" (Irish Times). :wink:

also, are you familiar with the HQ clip that was leaked a while back where Bono sings "coming to the surface for your love"? if so, could you confirm whether or not that song made it to the album?

thank you and good luck!!!

I'll let you know! Yes, I've finally been told not to attend the film fest and go to the U2 listening party instead. And I'll be more specific, but the problem with these "events" is that they play the album once and you're supposed to go off and write a review and/or interview the band after just one listen. Unless you're from Q or Rolling Stone and invited to visit the band in studio.

Do you think you'll have to sign something to the affect of not saying too much about the album....or do you think you could report back here as much as you can (and remember)?

I'll let you know! Yes, I've finally been told not to attend the film fest and go to the U2 listening party instead. And I'll be more specific, but the problem with these "events" is that they play the album once and you're supposed to go off and write a review and/or interview the band after just one listen. Unless you're from Q or Rolling Stone and invited to visit the band in studio.

yeah. i can only imagine how difficult that is. if anything, maybe go in remembering what we already know, and try to expand on that. but then again, who am i to tell you how to do your job? :wink:

I thought about doing that...but I want to hear the songs on a better quality CD over crappy mp3's. Trust me, there is a difference. I didn't spend a grand on my sound system to have it play shitty mp3's. I'm actually in the process of getting a nice turntable to play the vinyl version.

256 is near CD quality. 320 is CD quality (which is the next one up), so 256 is not crappy quality. I can understand if you're talking about 128 kbps.

Anyway, I listen to all my music on my Ipod, so I'm going to rip it anyways. I might as well just buy it from Itunes and save the trouble of ripping it.

256 is near CD quality. 320 is CD quality (which is the next one up), so 256 is not crappy quality. I can understand if you're talking about 128 kbps.

Anyway, I listen to all my music on my Ipod, so I'm going to rip it anyways. I might as well just buy it from Itunes and save the trouble of ripping it.

Well what are the songs on itunes? Are they 128? or 256?

Maybe I'm just getting the crappy ones each time.

Well what are the songs on itunes? Are they 128? or 256?

Maybe I'm just getting the crappy ones each time.

All the U2 albums (including the new one) are available in 256 as well as 128. Look for Itunes Plus - those are the 256 kbps.

ummm, what?

im pretty sure CD quality is 1411.2 kbps

320 kbps isn't CD Quality but its damn close enough to it. You can't really get CD Quality in an mp3 because its lossy compression. You can only get CD Quality in a wav or flac.

^ how is 320 kpbs close to CD quality???

you cant get anywhere near close with an mp3

wav files can play at full cd quality (1411.2kpbs) and even the most untrained ear can tell the difference

Dan, lets be realistic here, only audiophiles care or can tell the difference between anything higher than 128 kbps and uncompressed audio.

Dan, lets be realistic here, only audiophiles care or can tell the difference between anything higher than 128 kbps and uncompressed audio.

id say that only audiophiles can tell the difference between 320 and cd...

128 and 320 is a huge difference. If you want any osrt of proof, queue up the same song, one in 128, one in 320, and listen specifically to the drums.

id say that only audiophiles can tell the difference between 320 and cd...

128 and 320 is a huge difference. If you want any osrt of proof, queue up the same song, one in 128, one in 320, and listen specifically to the drums.

Yeah, I can definitely tell the difference between 128 and 320. :yes: For some songs, it may take headphones, but not always.

Back
Top Bottom