new recording outside HQ.. very clear! (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People just go on YOU-TUBE and listen!
HELLO HELLO
where is the new sound u2 have been talking about? it sounds like everything else u2 has put out in the past 6 years.

People just go on YOU-TUBE and listen!
HELLO HELLO
where is the new sound u2 have been talking about? it sounds like everything else u2 has put out in the past 6 years.

how exactly are we supposed to tell what it actually sounds like? we can hear a melody, and poor audio quality of the instruments. it could have all sorts of strange production, awesome lyrics, different musical bed for the rest of the song etc.... so hearing a 2 minute windy clip of song and we're already saying it sounds identical to everything else we've heard lately? frustrating.

how exactly are we supposed to tell what it actually sounds like? we can hear a melody, and poor audio quality of the instruments. it could have all sorts of strange production, awesome lyrics, different musical bed for the rest of the song etc.... so hearing a 2 minute windy clip of song and we're already saying it sounds identical to everything else we've heard lately? frustrating.

yes I agree. its ridiculous to make conclusions and if anything it does sound quite nice and like I said in a past post on this thread who cares if it sounds similar to other things they have done, as long as the song is good. here people seem so fixated with BIG changes and innovations. Give U2 a break! Sheesh sometimes I have the feeling that this is not a fan forum but more of a U2 bashing forum.

agreed totally. if you think U2 are going to not sound like U2, then i dunno what you're expecting. even on Pop, they still have the same U2 sound to them. Was How To Dismantle a very direct album? absolutely. It was direct in about every facet of it. Lyrically, musically, etc. And you know what? That's exactly how Bono described it. He said it was going to be their most visceral album. People seem to get that quote and description lost in all the Edge is on Fire quotes, etc., but Bono was spot on for that.

What exactly is my point? That the album is going to sound like U2 because it is U2. But that if Lanois is saying there will be a change in sound, then I still expect that. Just don't expect the "it" sound of U2 to be gone because it's going to be there.

lol true, its not good audio, but you can make out some of the song.
but you are right we should wait for a good audio clip from the band it self or a good studio leak.

It doesn't sound like Chinese Democracy, so he doesn't like it. Simple.

I'm a little perplexed by some comments here....to me, this really doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard from U2 before...From Bono's intensely desperate voice to some quite abstract guitar riffs it seems...this is very encouraging....I mean, U2 are always going to sound like U2....I get the innovative feeling when I listen to this for sure...sounds nothing like Miracle Drug...the rhythm reminded me of WITS slightly but that's it...

Ok time for some lyric diciphering....it's very difficult to make out, but I hear something like this:

From 3 seconds to about 22 seconds:

Please let me breathe...
All along we've stuck together,
Fifteen and I know better than,
to lose again, not stronger then,
been a hard fought day, yeah, yeah...

Starting at about 28 seconds ending at around 57 seconds:

Oh please. Oh please. Please let me brr- rrreathe...
And now I need room to breathe...
I give up. To forget you, feel you, let you in...
ooooooohhh....
I need room to breathe.
It's harder now.
Don't give up, please.

starting at 1 minute 1 second and ending at around 1:15:

Let me in now.
Now, pleeeeeease.
Now pleeease.
Pleeeeeeeease.
I must breathe in.

then at at 1:17, heavy distorted guitar begins.

No... (at 1:20)

Starting at around 1:30, and this last part is really hard to discern I'm not quite sure about it...I hear something like this:

Let me breathe.
Look for meee...
for me. Oh....

Some words like "you" and "room" are hard to tell apart, I did my best...throughout the recording there are certain parts simply inaudible, hence the skipped sections of time above :shrug:

Oh and that "oooooooohh" part sounds like a powerful falsetto possibly, we'll have to wait and see....

Sounds like Bono has a fierce attitude when singing this song....I really like the the thing at :32 when Bono sings "brr" and then turns really desperate and finishes "rreeathe." And I'm pretty sure I hear fifteen, but again, I could be wrong. Now that I think of it though, there's supposed to be something having to do with numbers throughout this album, so "fifteen" doesn't catch me by surprise. Anyway, I'll listen a little more, but that's it for now. :)

I'm a little perplexed by some comments here....to me, this really doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard from U2 before...From Bono's intensely desperate voice to some quite abstract guitar riffs it seems...this is very encouraging....I mean, U2 are always going to sound like U2....I get the innovative feeling when I listen to this for sure...sounds nothing like Miracle Drug...the rhythm reminded me of WITS slightly but that's it...

Ok time for some lyric diciphering....it's very difficult to make out, but I hear something like this:

Please let me breathe...

Oh please. Oh please. Please let me brr- rrreathe...
I give up. To forget you, feel you, let you in...
ooooooohhh....
I need room to breathe.
It's harder now.
Don't give up, please.

Let me in now.
Now, pleeeeeease.
Now pleeease.
Pleeeeeeeease.
I must breathe in.

Starting at around 1:30, and this last part is really hard to discern I'm not quite sure about it...I hear something like this:

Let me breathe.
Look for meee...
for me. Oh....

Some words like "you" and "room" are hard to tell apart, I did my best...throughout the recording there are certain parts simply inaudible, hence the skipped sections of time above :shrug:

Oh and that "oooooooohh" part sounds like a powerful falsetto possibly, we'll have to wait and see....

Sounds like Bono has a fierce attitude when singing this song....I really like the the thing at :32 when Bono sings "brr" and then turns really desperate and finishes "rreeathe." And I'm pretty sure I hear fifteen, but again, I could be wrong. Now that I think of it though, there's supposed to be something having to do with numbers throughout this album, so "fifteen" doesn't catch me by surprise. Anyway, I'll listen a little more, but that's it for now. :)

great work and agree. How about the part that goes:

"walk out into the street,with your heart out....

great work and agree. How about the part that goes:

"walk out into the street,with your heart out....

oh, wow, I totally forgot about the "walk out into the street..." part....that clears some things up...on listening again, here is the revised lyric:

Please let me breathe...

Oh please. Oh please. Please let me brr- brrreathe...
I give you away. To forget you, feel you, let you in...
ooooooohhh....
I need room to breathe.
With your heart out.
Don't give up, please.

Let me in now.
Now, pleeeeeease.
Now pleeease.
Pleeeeeeeease.
I must breathe in.

Let me breathe.
Look for meee...
for me. Oh....

I honestly can't hear "walk out into the street" - I believe someone heard it, but I can't make it out from the recording. It's very possible that that line is hidden under all the interference during certain inaudible sections of the clip.

The only place a line like that could fit is instead of "I must breathe in," Bono sings "Out into the street," but I sort of doubt that...it really doesn't sound like it...and I sure don't hear "walk out into the street, with your heart out....," but again, it could very well be hidden inthe inaudible parts of this song unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom