Mysterious song list - help to identify!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdirani

War Child
Picasa Web Albums - U2Miracle.com - Fotos del ál...

img117.jpg.jpeg

Another pic of Edge's in the Studio…this time with 14 tracks listed on the white sheet.

The ones I got was:

1) I was ?

2) No Line On The Horizon

3) Moment Of Surrender

4) Magnificent?

5)

6)

7) Cedars Of Lebanon

8)

9) Sexy Boots

10) Breathe ?

11)

12) Not As Yet http://picasaweb.google.com/u2miracle/FotosDelAlbumNoLineOnTheHorizon#5307500693264515426

13)

14)

Please take notice at the hearts on songs 1,2,3 and 10!

this is what i can make out:

1. i was lost
2. no line on the horizone
3. moment of surrender
4. magnificent
5. (??)
6. tripoli
7. cedars of lebanon
8. for your love
9. sexy boots
10. breathe
11. (??)/white as snow
12. not as yet
13. (??)
14. (??) of your love

Last edited:
1. I was lost -------Unknown Caller
2. no line on the horizon
3. moment of surrender
4. magnificent
5. Chromium Chords (Fez)
6. tripoli
7. cedars of lebanon
8. for your love (Stand Up Comedy) --------------
9. sexy boots --------- Get On Your Boots

10. breathe
11. (??)/white as snow
12. not as yet
13. (??)
14. Kingdom of your love

11. Hymn/White as snow

I suppose Hymn is not an additional song, but an allusion to the fact that the melody of White as snow comes from the Emmanuel xmas song?

Although with U2 you never know

By the way, on a different page in the booklet you can see a different list of songs, with album titles.

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but they were

No line on the horizon

The pilgrim's lack of progress (hmm that sounds a lot like pilgrimage, which is one of the supposed themes of the supposed second more meditative 2009 album...)

Songs of ascent

Thank you for the day (that's the old Bono/Lanois song that Lanois has performed live and was amongst the Rubin beach clips)

Well, sorry for that, but sometimes it's hard to follow every thread. Anyway, as it's not that old info (at least for me) I thought it deserved a separated thread.

I thought this was settled a couple of days ago already?
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ar-a-proposed-map-of-the-album-187523-47.html

1 I Was Lost
2 No Line On The Horizon
3 Moment of Surrender
4 Magnificent (French Disco)
5 Chromium Chords
6 Tripoli
7 Cedars of Lebanon
8 For Your Love
9 Sexy Boots
10 Breathe
11 Hymn/White As Snow
12 Not As Yet
13 Diorama
14 Kingdom Of Your Love

By the way, on a different page in the booklet you can see a different list of songs, with album titles.

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but they were

No line on the horizon

The pilgrim's lack of progress (hmm that sounds a lot like pilgrimage, which is one of the supposed themes of the supposed second more meditative 2009 album...)

Songs of ascent

Thank you for the day (that's the old Bono/Lanois song that Lanois has performed live and was amongst the Rubin beach clips)

What is this list, could you point me out?
thanks

1 I Was Lost - could be Unknown Caller
2 No Line On The Horizon
3 Moment of Surrender
5 Chromium Chords - Became the song Fez
6 Tripoli
7 Cedars of Lebanon
8 For Your Love - became Stand Up Comedy
9 Sexy Boots - became Get On Your Boots
10 Breathe
11 Hymn/White As Snow - became White As Snow
12 Not As Yet
13 Diorama
14 Kingdom Of Your Love

1 I Was Lost - could be Unknown Caller
2 No Line On The Horizon
3 Moment of Surrender
5 Chromium Chords - Became the song Fez
6 Tripoli
7 Cedars of Lebanon
8 For Your Love - became Stand Up Comedy
9 Sexy Boots - became Get On Your Boots
10 Breathe
11 Hymn/White As Snow - became White As Snow
12 Not As Yet
13 Diorama
14 Kingdom Of Your Love

one thing to consider too is that even though For Your Love became Stand Up Comedy, the original For Your Love is a completely different song, as we heard from the HQ clip last May. the song sounded pretty neat, so i wouldn't be surprised if that one will be worked on for the next album.

one thing to consider too is that even though For Your Love became Stand Up Comedy, the original For Your Love is a completely different song, as we heard from the HQ clip last May. the song sounded pretty neat, so i wouldn't be surprised if that one will be worked on for the next album.

Good point. I haven't heard that so atentiously as I was avoiding the spoilers. If anyone could be of any help with this clip, please (and thanks) cldirani@gmail.com

On U2.com Bono has confirmed that Tripoli became Being Born.Though there could be another version out there like Bono was playing in the Here Is What Is trailer.

I don't think so. "Chromium Chords" was confirmed to be "Fez - Being Born", and "Tripoli" was confirmed to have been left off the album.

So much confusion and I'm sure all of the band get confused at times too!! I'm hoping Tripoli was left off, they go back and rework the original For Your Love, then we have EBW, and 12-14 in the list, plus the other unknowns so that's a pretty good start. My guess 2nd album is probably fairly wrapped, but I hope they don't have another last second changefest which made this album a bit more commercial than it would have ever been!

I don't think so. "Chromium Chords" was confirmed to be "Fez - Being Born", and "Tripoli" was confirmed to have been left off the album.

I think he was referring to Fez as Chromium Chords. Remember: it's a two-track collage. If you check out at u2.com = Discography - NLOTH - the text even mentions song called Tripoli. If I'm not mistaken, this song wasn't listed on the actual album! :hyper:

...I allowed myself to wear the clothes of characters that wandered into my imagination. So the guy in (new song) 'Cedars of Lebanon' is a war correspondent. I meet a lot of them in my other life. And I have a lot of empathy because I'd probably be one (laughs). And then there's this song that is called 'Tripoli' at the moment, which is this guy on a motorcycle, a Moroccan French cop, who's going awol. He drives through France and Spain down to this village outside of Cadiz where you can actually see the fires of Africa burning...'
Bono On Writing in the Third Person

i remember this too...i have looked to see where u2.com mentions tripoli turning into fez and i haven't found it

I dont know maybe I misunderstood but I hope your right and Im wrong because the Tripoli that I heard on the clip trailer sounded different and would be great to hear on the next record.Id rather have more songs than just titles switched around anyway.

Back
Top Bottom