More about "The Crystal Ballroom"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. Just last night , I was looking for some new U2 remixes, to see if
anyone out there already started making some new remixes from
the new songs and I searched "U2 2014 new". I ended up looking at numerous files
from Soundcloud, some other places and also YouTube.
BTW - DJ Americo from Soundcloud already made a new remix from the new U2 record
and its faaaantastic! :)
Anyway, I picked this vídeo with no
moving images, just a dancehall kind of photo and this song was playing as
if someone recorded it while being in teh room next door from the studio.
It was defenitly Bono singing about a crystal ball room and had the usual U2 sound.
I recorded it from YouTube to Mp3 for my collection. It is not spectacular. I would rather
wait for the final version. If the final version is diferent, then I have another version of
this song.

I hope this song is as great as I think it could be based on the background about it. I"m hoping for it to be at or near the same level as Sleep and RBW, and that it shakes up my song rankings from this album big-time.

If it was as good as those other songs, why wouldn't they have put it on the album?

(...wait for it...)

Yep. Just last night , I was looking for some new U2 remixes, to see if
anyone out there already started making some new remixes from
the new songs and I searched "U2 2014 new". I ended up looking at numerous files
from Soundcloud, some other places and also YouTube.
BTW - DJ Americo from Soundcloud already made a new remix from the new U2 record
and its faaaantastic! :)
Anyway, I picked this vídeo with no
moving images, just a dancehall kind of photo and this song was playing as
if someone recorded it while being in teh room next door from the studio.
It was defenitly Bono singing about a crystal ball room and had the usual U2 sound.
I recorded it from YouTube to Mp3 for my collection. It is not spectacular. I would rather
wait for the final version. If the final version is diferent, then I have another version of
this song.

uh.. it'd be great if you could pull up your browser history and share that link..

The crystalball song was on a Youtube video, but it did not say the name, I did not record what
page-video it was either. Sorry.
I just made an MP3 conversion for my files. I have it on my portable, if you want I can post it here.
I usually collect everything and many rare U2 songs.

The other song is from Soundcloud.
from DJ Americo page... https://soundcloud.com/dj-americo
He did quite a few excellent remixes of some of U2 songs.

At the moment I am at work, and I am using the company´s computer, so
its impossible to upload anything. :depressed:
I am only getting off in a couple of hours from now.
I will later send you a PM :up:

At the moment I am at work, and I am using the company´s computer, so

its impossible to upload anything. :depressed:

I am only getting off in a couple of hours from now.

I will later send you a PM :up:

Yeah, would definitely appreciate a hook-up

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Because it's a mercy rewrite.

As opposed to a WOWY rewrite like EBW?

Maybe it wasn't on the iTunes free version because they want people to have some incentive to buy the paid version next month instead of some throwaway b-sides and acoustic versions or remixes

As opposed to a WOWY rewrite like EBW?

Maybe it wasn't on the iTunes free version because they want people to have some incentive to buy the paid version next month instead of some throwaway b-sides and acoustic versions or remixes

True - though acoustic versions are hardly throwaway - this is actually a huge thing for this band. This is almost as significant as the album release method (note ALMOST).

It sounds like, from the interviews, they put some effort into the acoustic version. If they truly did the entire album I wonder what they would do with Volcano. Maybe Larry uses a gong and marimba?

I love acoustic versions in studio. I have always hoped for an acoustic album of some of their classics. But they don't do acoustics well live. If they really are doing most of the album acoustic, that will be really cool. I really enjoyed the acoustics of Breathe, The Fly and some others.

I love acoustic versions in studio. I have always hoped for an acoustic album of some of their classics. But they don't do acoustics well live. If they really are doing most of the album acoustic, that will be really cool. I really enjoyed the acoustics of Breathe, The Fly and some others.

I am really hoping for the full album. I can't think of any songs I wouldn't be gutted about if they left them off.

I've had an aching theory/hope that The Crystal Ballroom is a big single that is the special track this album will be remembered for, and they saved it as a draw for the physical release. But I doubt that is true...

Will buy regardless.

True - though acoustic versions are hardly throwaway - this is actually a huge thing for this band. This is almost as significant as the album release method (note ALMOST).

Yeah, I agree with that. I guess I'm just a little pessimistic about them doing acoustic songs well.

Back
Top Bottom