Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hearing in this quite a lot of Take Today from the Berlin boots (and in turn NASOTR, of course).

Anybody else here think this could've fit in perfectly on Everything That Happens Will Happen Today? That entire album is full of Eno beats like this one and Byrne's gospel theatrics....

...although I liked that album better. :reject:

Eno's all over the new album though....him and Lanois can definitely be considered band members.

I'm hearing in this quite a lot of Take Today from the Berlin boots (and in turn NASOTR, of course).

Me too! I always thought that one take from the Salome sessions was fucking brilliant and then they sort of seemed to put it aside. Looks like they returned to it again and again it's fucking brilliant!

Strange how seven and a half minutes fly by. Sounds great on first listen.

Exactly my thought! I was expecting a song with a really long intro and/or really long outro. When the song was over I was like "wait ... please keep going!". Very impressive that this was one of those "first take" wonders, too.

Pure genius. The best thing I've heard from U2 in decades. At over 7 minutes, it makes for a surreal experience. I'm honestly in awe.

From Rolling Stone

Moment" was played just one time -- the band improvised the version on the album from thin air. "This kind of spirit blows through every now and then," Bono says. "It's a very strange feeling."

that's what you feel when you hear this song - just brillant

Awesome singing from Bono - he's never sounded this good ever.......takes me back to the Joshua Tree days and reminds me of the B side Hold on to love for such an emotion in his voice. This is the best song on the album and is an absolute grower, it just gets better with every listen.

Didn't Brian Eno have a good album?!! He's all over this album and sounds fanstastic!

Incredible song! Bono's vocals are so strong on this track! I can't remember him sounding like this in a long time. Wow.

I don't want to be too hasty in my judgement but I think this might just be the best thing they've ever put to record

Got it on the first time through.....wow.........U2 at it's finest. This will be an all time classic without a doubt. I actually got tingles for the first time in a long time from listening to a U2 song.

Back
Top Bottom