Magnificent delivered to the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking last night about how I feel WITS could fit onto NLOTH... structurally its similar to ALYCLB or HTDAAB, but it is 'different' in the same sense that many of the tracks (IGCIIDGCT / SUC) are 'different'.. not experimental, but slightly new for the band.

Edge has a different sort of solo, the strings fit with a lot of the string work on NLOTH, and the drums are forward a bit and similar in mood. The biggest similarity is the layering, I think, in the vocals. But thats just what I think..

And it uses the word "striptease," which also pops up in "Breathe" lol :wink:

With the upcoming release of Magnificent, is anyone else excited about about remixes for the first time, um, ever? This is the one song I can't wait to hear remixed in creative ways--I think it will really work. That said, it will probably be the first time that U2 doesn't release 7 remixes of a single.

U2.com has just uploaded a live video of Magnificent from Sommerville Theatre. It's great and it looks like a promo video to me.

U2.com has just uploaded a live video of Magnificent from Sommerville Theatre. It's great and it looks like a promo video to me.

Maybe they'll use it to build up promotion until the official video is out. It's a great performance

Why don't we all just download Magnificent again and bump it up in the charts? It deserves to be a big hit and we could give it an extra push. :mac:

Great video, but once again he screws up the lyrics! He was about to sing "can heal such a scar" again in the end before realizing it should be "unites our hearts". XD

I could swear the edge made a little mistake on the first note of the little solo on the mp3 file I have from Boston..sneaky :)

Yah they definitely edited out the edge mistake and the line "my first cry" in the second verse. Oh well, I kind of prefer truly unedited but the performance is still really awesome to me.

Yeah I noticed the little scrubbing out of the sour note in the solo. :lol:

Everything You Know Is Wrong!

Hopefully there will be multiple live takes and remixes. I want as much Magnificent as I can get.

I asked this earlier - I don't get much opportunity to listen to the radio nowadays - I see it's on the Absolute playlist and has just been added to Radio 2's B list as a "new" item, not on Radio 1 playlist yet.

So yeah, I second this thread - anyone hear it yet in the UK?

Yes I heard it on radio 1 today, and ive heard it on absloute (virgin) at few times. Its the exact same a the album version, not 100% sure but sounds it.

Back
Top Bottom