LP15 - We're due for a break from the norm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want an album where Declan Gaffney is in charge. Literally everything he has done for them has been incredible.

I am not so sure about his performance on some titles...but thanks to you I stumbled upon a great article about his involment in No Line : https://www.soundonsound.com/people/secrets-mix-engineers-declan-gaffney

I would prefer Flood not so much on the mixing part but also on the production. Zooropa for me rules, and they worked it in less than 4 months !

I just want U2 produced by Brian Eno with Adrian Belew as an additional guitar player

it has to be mixed by Andy Wallace

it has to be engineered by Chris Lord-Alge

fuck it let's just consider Steve Albini engineering/producing U2 , fuck everything

U2 entirely produced by Sounwave?

Kanye should produce next U2 album

giphy.gif

Dallas did an interview with the U2 Brazil fan site and this was the last question:

U2BR entrevista: Dallas Schoo | U2 Brasil

What can we expect from U2 in the future? Maybe a tour in celebration of the 30 years of “Achtung Baby”? A new album? There are some rumors saying the band will tour in Australia, New Zealand and Asia this year. Could you tell us something we don’t know?

“Edge and I just did a little something both in London and in Los Angeles… so… his U2 juices are flowing! He is writing as well as spending this 2019 with his Irish and American Family. His wife Morleigh and many children and Grand children are all very loving people.

The band is really just “resting” this year but… they never rest very long in my 31 years with them… so stay tuned!

Yes, some strong “rumors” of maybe U2 playing in some of all those countries you mention… but… again only rumors at this time. I myself would welcome more U2 live gigs if they decide on doing something. I would be available for sure!

Thank you for this opportunity to speak to my many Brazilian fans. Hope to meet all of you at some point in time… it is nice to be loved!”

Edge is working on things. :up:

Is he on fire though?

At this point I'm hearing he's smoldering but of course that could turn into a fire at any moment, also, he's playing muzak from Jupiter so he's not quite getting to punk rock from Uranus... but he's close.

All very promising signs though....

Dallas did an interview with the U2 Brazil fan site and this was the last question:

U2BR entrevista: Dallas Schoo | U2 Brasil

What can we expect from U2 in the future? Maybe a tour in celebration of the 30 years of “Achtung Baby”? A new album? There are some rumors saying the band will tour in Australia, New Zealand and Asia this year. Could you tell us something we don’t know?

“Edge and I just did a little something both in London and in Los Angeles… so… his U2 juices are flowing! He is writing as well as spending this 2019 with his Irish and American Family. His wife Morleigh and many children and Grand children are all very loving people.

The band is really just “resting” this year but… they never rest very long in my 31 years with them… so stay tuned!

Yes, some strong “rumors” of maybe U2 playing in some of all those countries you mention… but… again only rumors at this time. I myself would welcome more U2 live gigs if they decide on doing something. I would be available for sure!

Thank you for this opportunity to speak to my many Brazilian fans. Hope to meet all of you at some point in time… it is nice to be loved!”

Edge is working on things. :up:

So feels like my initial suspicions are maybe right. Nothing in 2019, some teased studio work in early 2020 commencing with a 35-40 date AB 30 tour announcement, starting in Oz. Tour that through mid-late 2020, holiday break, new album drops in summer 2021, tour shortly thereafter to Europe and North/South America through fall 2022. About fits their timeline of late and allows them to hit a few more markets with various material.

If Bono does the itinerary

First show of Achtung Baby 30th anniversary tour of North America (plus two European dates), June 2020:

"This is the first time we've played this song, it's called One."

So feels like my initial suspicions are maybe right. Nothing in 2019, some teased studio work in early 2020 commencing with a 35-40 date AB 30 tour announcement, starting in Oz. Tour that through mid-late 2020, holiday break, new album drops in summer 2021, tour shortly thereafter to Europe and North/South America through fall 2022. About fits their timeline of late and allows them to hit a few more markets with various material.

I don't think the AB 30 tour will happen. It would mess up the timing and support for the new album and the tour to promote that album. I also think there would be less demand for an AB 30 tour compared to the Joshua Tree 30 tour. Then there is the odd thing of doing a retro tour for a tour that was about the future in 1992. I think OZ will get some type of Lovetown 30 experience since they did not get anything for Joshua Tree 30. But after that I think its likely they will be spending all their time on developing the new album and the tour to promote it.

Five dates in Victoria... Canada.

If it as weird to you Aussies and kiwis when we say “Sydney, Australia” etc. as it is when you say it in that format? It’s strange that I had to think Victoria... Canada... oh British Columbia duh. Imagine someone saying “Boston, United States.” [emoji47]

The British are more flexible on this. They seem to accept any of country/province/island. So I’m curious what the Oceanian rule of thumb is.

No-one really cares.

For an international audience "Sydney, Australia" or "Melbourne, Australia" is perfectly normal; more meaningful than "Sydney, New South Wales" or "Melbourne, Victoria". We don't presume foreigners know all our states, or that we even have states.

I'd write "Boston, US" if I needed to distinguish it from a Boston in another country.

a three night stand in sydney... nova scotia.

(i would actually buy tickets for this in a heartbeat unlike another toronto show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom