Larry speaks about new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll check back here in June. If there's still nothing new by then, I don't see how we get a new album this year.

U2 is a large machine that has to get going early for everything to work properly. Tour dates will need to be made a good year in advance, and promotional work, interviews, and the band will hype this album, even if it's not to the extreme they've done in the past.

It's too bad U2 didn't go the route of the last album, giving us little snippets of the recording process. While most of the songs weren't even close to the finished product (the few clips that had music), it was still nice to see U2 being interactive with their fanbase.

I'll check back here in June. If there's still nothing new by then, I don't see how we get a new album this year.

U2 is a large machine that has to get going early for everything to work properly. Tour dates will need to be made a good year in advance, and promotional work, interviews, and the band will hype this album, even if it's not to the extreme they've done in the past.

It's too bad U2 didn't go the route of the last album, giving us little snippets of the recording process. While most of the songs weren't even close to the finished product (the few clips that had music), it was still nice to see U2 being interactive with their fanbase.

Yeah, if we don't know anything more in June than we do now, definitely count on 2014. Realistically though, if the album is released in November, we probably wouldn't get anything concrete until August at the earliest....though you'd think we'd have some song and album title leaks by June.

In the meantime, we need a rumor or two to keep things entertaining. Bono needs to give some fan a ride around the block or something....... :wink:

In the meantime, we need a rumor or two to keep things entertaining. Bono needs to give some fan a ride around the block or something....... :wink:

Well we do have the "Live, Love, Teach" song title now as well as Bono's quote about the Lion King, so that's something for us all to chew on for a bit.

Firstly, U2 have NEVER released an album in September, and from a marketing viewpoint it's not really close enough to the end of the year for the higher sales they would be aiming for. If the first single flops ala Boots, then a September album would nearly be gone from the charts by the time November rolled around. So I'm thinking a single will drop in September and the album late October or November.
We are not going to hear any concrete information for a while so there's no need to worry. An announcement of release won't come until July and all we'll get before then are a few song titles or reports from the studio.
Of course I could be completely wrong, but I'm just going by previous experience.

I think they're aiming for September, but it will probably actually come out in November. We'll most likely start hearing rumors in the middle of summer if anything is going to happen. If there's still absolutely nothing by the end of August, then we're doomed.

702b59d9-7364-4704-8b8d-d0128e9b1ab9.jpg

Adam was in Brazil for the carnival last week. There were quotes going around of him saying that U2 are currently recording and that he'll go back with the rest of the band into the studio soon. It's interesting that we don't hear much about them recording since they've been in Dublin for quite a while, with litte interruptions. Maybe they are not recording at HQ this time but at some secret location :shrug:

Maybe they are not recording at HQ this time but at some secret location :shrug:

There have been a few sources suggesting they're renting the former home of the Canadian Ambassador out in south Dublin. A steal at only €10,000 a month!

Which suggests to me that they might be a bit sick of having people hanging around HQ. In the last decade or so that part of Dublin became very built up. I remember being down there in 1999 and it was very much out of the way, but with the building boom in the 2000s Hanover Quay is now in the middle of a very built-up area, including apartments and the new Grand Canal Theatre. Even with Google Maps being well out of date, you can get a good sense of how crowded it is here.

Can't blame them for looking for some peace and quiet - and a different sound, presumably - by moving out to near where most of them live. (Larry can always get the train from north Dublin.)

I found it on an italian blog, but there isn't the source of that, so I think it's just a rumor

Ultim’ora. Bono: ” Se non mi soddisfa, l’album non verra’ pubblicato “ | U2 Italian Fans

From Dublin bounce a few rumors about the new U2 album. It seems that Bono is working these days more and more 'under pressure, but that is not entirely happy of Foreign arrangements and lyrics of new songs. U2's lead singer has confessed that he would prefer to postpone the release of the disc to 2014, adding that if it's not 'completely satisfied may even permanently delete the publication. It seems to relive the moments when Achtung Baby was about to leave the music industry and the band members were always more 'nervous and in conflict with one another. Good sign, it means that the next album will be 'great!

My source says the next album will be called "Phoning it In" and is due out whenever they feel like it, but not before 2016.

My source says the next album will be called "Phoning it In" and is due out whenever they feel like it, but not before 2016.

Featuring a new type of guitar distortion: that which is caused by a shitty Skype connection between Malibu and Dublin.

At least he appears to have gotten a haircut, and had it somewhat styled. Quite an improvement!

I think I'm suffering from "anniversary syndrome". We're roughly in the timeframe that NLOTH leaked 4 years ago, and something about the weather and my overall state of mind, I'm strongly reminded of all the thoughts, feelings, sounds and circumstances when I first listened to the album. Back before we knew it wasn't going to be a big hit, and before we knew that U2 would drop all but 3 songs by the tour's end. Before we even knew what the 360 tour was, and had nothing to identify this album with except what we heard.

I can't wait to experience that again.

At least a fresh change from all the roundabout discussion on when we're supposed to expect news and when they're going to release it with the odd 'HURHURHUR it's gonna be out in 2016!!!!' thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom