Invisible and Songs of Innocence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I accidentally had my iTunes on shuffle an Invisible came up after the Miracle. Sounded fantastic. hadn't listened to Invisible in ages

I like Invisible quite a bit and agree that it would have fit well in spot 2 (or maybe even spot 1). I'll have to try that out and see how it actually sounds. My guess is it wouldn't break up the excellent flow of the album.

i've had invisible in the #2 spot since about my third listen of the album. wish it was on there for real (with the same mastering as the album - though i think invisible is mixed and mastered better than SOI).

I never bother with the whole "alternate tracklist" thing - I put the album on my iPod and either listen all the way through or skip songs.

I think this time around, I'm going to label Invisible as belonging on SOI and slot it into the 1st or 2nd slot on my iPod. :shh:

All of their post 2000 albums have been re-tracked by me. If they're going to constantly tinker I can alter it too damn it!

Invisible fits thematically and sonically but I think the album would have been too long if it were on there, and it wouldn't flow as well. SOI is perfectly sequenced, and Invisible is like a teaser for the album. I wonder if it was ever considered for the opening track and was dislodged by the Miracle?

Invisible fits thematically and sonically but I think the album would have been too long if it were on there, and it wouldn't flow as well. SOI is perfectly sequenced, and Invisible is like a teaser for the album. I wonder if it was ever considered for the opening track and was dislodged by the Miracle?

Thematically, it seems like it had to be planned at some point to be the opening track. If we had the full-length version, I bet it would fit perfectly.

As far as the album being too long, didn't someone say this is actually the shortest U2 album ever? I know we do have some new tracks coming, but I'm sure there's room for Invisible.

I am leaning towards not including Ordinary Love though. I love the tune, but it doesn't really fit thematically or musically.

It's 48 minutes long, longer than their first 4 and the same length as ATYCLB, Zooropa, and Bomb. It's the perfect length, but I think an extra song would have been too much. Ordinary Love doesn't fit at all, it was written specifically for Mandela. I'm really interested in hearing the bonus tracks!

It's 48 minutes long, longer than their first 4 and the same length as ATYCLB, Zooropa, and Bomb. It's the perfect length, but I think an extra song would have been too much. Ordinary Love doesn't fit at all, it was written specifically for Mandela. I'm really interested in hearing the bonus tracks!

Well, if it is the perfect length, get ready for the other half of the album! With 2 new tracks, 2 alternate takes, and all of the acoustic tracks, it's really a double album before we start talking about Soe.

All of their post 2000 albums have been re-tracked by me. If they're going to constantly tinker I can alter it too damn it!

NLOTH demands to be re-tracked.

The rest of the U2 albums are OK and flow fine for me. Though I did take all the live R&H tracks (including those I ripped from the DVD) and arranged them into one live playlist which I played around with for a while before I was happy with it.

I also made what I consider to be a pretty cool playlist of the best of the JT and TUF era b-sides, which I consider to be a better "album" than 75% of U2's catalogue.

I think the song fits there, but the mixing and recording is so different, on good headphones it is sonically jarring. I don't think a different mix would help, it's probably need to be re recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wish that they could still replace Miracle by Invisible.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using U2 Interference mobile app

I put Invisible and Ordinary Love as Tracks 1 & 2, then the rest of SOI on a playlist. I think it works that way because Miracle picks up from the lull of OL.

I really feel there's something missing before Miracle and EBW. The transition is too fast for me, almost a shock. I'd say Invisible should have been here. I wouldn't replace any track on the album, but add Invisible on the second spot. Ordinary Love, on the other hand, wouldn't fit on the album. It's a beautiful song but no matter where you put it, it would be out of place. Besides, the album already has enough soppy ballads :lol:

I really feel there's something missing before Miracle and EBW. The transition is too fast for me, almost a shock. I'd say Invisible should have been here. I wouldn't replace any track on the album, but add Invisible on the second spot. Ordinary Love, on the other hand, wouldn't fit on the album. It's a beautiful song but no matter where you put it, it would be out of place. Besides, the album already has enough soppy ballads :lol:

Do you mean between Miracle and EBW?? Yeah that might work. It would've made it a 12 song album with 2 even halves. What's wrong with that! I don't know why they always have to stick with the number 11. :huh: :coocoo: It's a short album as it is!

See the thing I think is that 'Invisible' is a cool song and it's a fine standalone single (as things worked out). And that's cool w me, cos they have a long history of cool non-album singles; from 'A Celebration' to 'HMTMKMKM' to 'Electronical Sturm'. All awesome tunes. Among others. 'invisible could stand proud w those tunes. No problem.

And SoI is pretty tight. It's really sequenced pretty nicely.

But I just listened to the album starting w 'Invisible' on accident. And it totally changed the feeling of Miracle. Suddenly Miracle felt heavier. It reminded me of how 'We Are The Pigs' hits on DogManStar by Suede.

And that's a real good thing. Woo hoo.

Back
Top Bottom