Invisible... - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #136
War Child

Local Time: 01:55 PM
I will take "young" or "older" Bono......just not....."evil" Bono.

RaisedByWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #137
Refugee

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Now that this song has settled, I was wondering how others associate this song sonically?
By that I mean, nyd is commonly identified by the cool bass line, streets by the intro guitar riff, bloody sunday by the military drums, etc.
When you think of Invisible, which stands out first to you in identifying it; the electronic backing track beat, the cool drumming intro, the sliding guitar riff, etc

marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
Now that this song has settled, I was wondering how others associate this song sonically?
By that I mean, nyd is commonly identified by the cool bass line, streets by the intro guitar riff, bloody sunday by the military drums, etc.
When you think of Invisible, which stands out first to you in identifying it; the electronic backing track beat, the cool drumming intro, the sliding guitar riff, etc

Sliding guitar riff for me. Still enjoy the song, heck I like almost all the songs from SOI.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
CosmoKramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #139
Refugee

Local Time: 08:55 AM
All about the drums for me. Also the first verse is excellent. Very good U2 song all around, my one complaint being its ending. Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Outro. Not much of a climax, instead just seems like an obvious attempt at a sing-along.
superchuk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 PM   #140
War Child

I like it, nothing earth shattering but a good song.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I never really understood the "There is no them . . . There's only us"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:54 AM   #142
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
The slide guitar for me. I like the song, find myself revisiting it often.

A fellow U2 tragic friend asked me which song I thought that U2 find special. My answer was Invisible, because it was a standalone single, not a hit, and yet they kept playing it throughout the tour.

I think it really speaks to their experience as band members who kind of put it all out there without a safety net and made it out the other side.

Yeah, pretty good song

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app
CMIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #143
War Child

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Me neither. Really enjoy the rest of it and it fitted really well in to the live shows.
ascender_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascender_RS View Post
Me neither.
Really?

In a world of "us vs them," why differentiate? We're all one, we're all in this together, so stop making things "us vs them."

I still love the song more than anything on the actual album (which I enjoy a lot).
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Invisible...

Would love to have heard the song with the verse they seemed to have cut from the song. Cant remember what it was in now but you heard a little snippet of it in a documentary I think it was. Mentioned london by name
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #146
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Really?

In a world of "us vs them," why differentiate? We're all one, we're all in this together, so stop making things "us vs them."

I still love the song more than anything on the actual album (which I enjoy a lot).

Also in the context of Bono and the band trying to break into the scene of all these bands, rivals, and icons they perhaps felt inadequate around, I hear this lyric as both: "We need to think of ourselves as cohorts, fellow artists; there's no them and us, trying to be like them. There's only us. Bands. Musicians. Artists.", and also, "Ignore the ousted voice. The critical parents. The rival groups. Don't far the world, it isn't there. There's just us, the band we're in. We focus on us, not them, and we'll make it."

Sent from my fingertips.
Montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #147
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Really?

I am torn between your explanation and the attitude people have when they are under pressure to prove themselves of saying: the ball is in our court, it's ours to do, dun matter what those guys over there say. It's only us, not them

Old 09-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #148
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrose View Post
Also in the context of Bono and the band trying to break into the scene of all these bands, rivals, and icons they perhaps felt inadequate around, I hear this lyric as both: "We need to think of ourselves as cohorts, fellow artists; there's no them and us, trying to be like them. There's only us. Bands. Musicians. Artists.", and also, "Ignore the ousted voice. The critical parents. The rival groups. Don't far the world, it isn't there. There's just us, the band we're in. We focus on us, not them, and we'll make it."

Sent from my fingertips.
You said it much better. That's how I hear the lyric, the latter one. But thinking of bono singing it with all his social justice crap (), the former seems as likely

Old 09-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrose View Post
Good call.

As per typical U2, the stuff has multiple interpretations.
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

invisible had some really good ideas in it, and is probably the best thing they've done in what, 10 years? i'm not sure. nevertheless, i was hoping for more of an invisible vibe on their latest album. they were onto something with that, musically at least.

Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote