Insider U2 news!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had lunch the other day with the grandson of a guy who's uncle's nephew once knew a guy that had a friend who's brother's sister's niece worked with a guy that was close friends with a girl who knew a guy that was friends with Adam's cousin's sister's aunt's babysitter.

Anyway, the album is called "Push My Butt".

:up:

Haha. Actually, quite genuinley, my friend's friend went out with Ali's nephew. I remember the day that fun fact was slipped into converstation, I dropped a cup of boiling hot soup into my friend's lap.

Maybe I'll get the word from him and pass it on :wink:

If that's true, they definately need another name for the tour. Somehow I can't see it being the "No Line on the Horizon" tour.
Sunrise tour? Sunset tour? Scratch the latter, has retiring connotations, but Sunrise tour is corny enough for them, I think.

/ridiculous speculation over an un-confirmed rumor.

Also, the comment says they've been working on the iPod commercial with Steve Jobs. I smell a rat; Steve Jobs does NOT do advertising.

Sunrise tour? Sunset tour? Scratch the latter, has retiring connotations, but Sunrise tour is corny enough for them, I think.

/ridiculous speculation over an un-confirmed rumor.

I'd love that. Brilliant tour name to go along with a No Line on the Horizon album title!

honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in "No Line On the Horizon" being the album title...I think it's a great line, and absolutely perfect for a song. It would be a beautifully subtle title, phrase, and song name within the new album....but making it the album name seems like too much, and I think the phrase loses something as a result. I was also hoping for something shorter, given the incredibly long title names of the last two albums...Even with all this recent news about this phrase being the album title, I'd still be surprised, because Bono has commented before in an interview or two about how ridiculously long the last two album titles are...oh well...:shrug:

Imagine The Joshua Tree being called "Where the Streets Have No Name" .....and WTSHNN remains the first song of the album....you see? It becomes too much. WTSHNN works much better as a title when it's simply a small part of the album, one of the 10,11, or 12 track titles on the album....a beautiful, poetic line that relates to the overall theme of the album but doesn't become an "in-your-face" type of thing....I'd like a very short album title and a single being "No Line On the Horizon"- that would make much more sense to me.

Oh for God's sake...get over yourself.....who gives a rat's ass what the album is called as long as the music is good...you want a rocking album title with shitty music?

Imagine Zooropa being called Zooropa or the Unforgettable Fire being called the Unforgettable fire or October being called October.

The horror!
:wink:

The last 2 tours have been named after album tracks, not album titles, so why would NLOTH have anything to do with the tour name?

Perhaps they are about to do 'The Lebanon Tour'?

For those who say that the name of the album is not not important...

...of course it's important! The name of an art object is crucial and as important as the rest for the complexity and the concept of the object itself!

For those who say that the name of the album is not not important...

...of course it's important! The name of an art object is crucial and as important as the rest for the complexity and the concept of the object itself!

:shrug: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Yeah but a garbage title is a garbage title. Whether the music is good or not doesn't have anything to do with it. Example: I'm not very fond of the title Viva La Vida but the album itself is I think one of the best ones this decade!

That said, I have no problems with NLOTH being the album title.

I remember when we were told 'Achtung Baby' was going to be the title of the next album, people sounded just like some of you do now. :lol:

I remember when we were told 'Achtung Baby' was going to be the title of the next album, people sounded just like some of you do now. :lol:

TAKE IT BACK, TAKE IT BACK! :scream:

Achtung Baby is a perfect album in every way, including the title, and U2 should strive to make it all over again, with extra darkness please! :sad:

Oh for God's sake...get over yourself.....who gives a rat's ass what the album is called as long as the music is good...you want a rocking album title with shitty music?

No....I'd like both...is there something wrong with that? And when did I say I wanted "a rocking title with shitty music" ? How can you even make that connection? The quality of the music has absolutely nothing to do with the album title...I'm simply saying that NLOTH is much more effective as a song title, rather than an album title :shrug:

how will we know how effective the album title is until we actually hear the album and the theme of the songs and how it all works? you can't say in either direction how appropriate or effective the line "No Line on the Horizon" is either as an album or track name. or both.

I like it as a song title... but the album title should be more concise. I hate all of these long, descriptive titles. Give me a two-worder please.

Coldplay=Finished.

What? I hope you're joking. Their new album is excellent and maybe their best one. It gives Rush of Blood a run for it's money! And from what I hear, it's doing really well too in sales.

That said, the album title sucks especially the longer version.

Coldplay=Finished.

If Coldplay was responsible for any small portion of Viva la Vida from a creative standpoint then they are in no way finished. I hope it wasn't Eno doing all the innovating... and that's my only concern on the Coldplay front.

And yes, worst album title ever.

If Coldplay was responsible for any small portion of Viva la Vida from a creative standpoint then they are in no way finished. I hope it wasn't Eno doing all the innovating... and that's my only concern on the Coldplay front.

And yes, worst album title ever.

It probably was, sadly...

yes, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends is quite possibly the most jam packed fail I've ever seen....seriously who does that...2 titles for an album? Grow some balls, Chrissy.

I never understood so much speculation about album titles, in Coldplay's case I understood the full title and it makes sense in that specific context(for example if someone like Mariah Carey were to pick that title people would think she's extremely medicated, even though she might truly be)

As for the U2 album, until the group explains the title all some of us can do now is complain or scratch our heads.:hmm:

I like it as a song title... but the album title should be more concise. I hate all of these long, descriptive titles. Give me a two-worder please.

It's very emo isn't it; very Panic at the Disco.

Who names a song: There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet

come on

the album title should be more concise. I hate all of these long, descriptive titles. Give me a two-worder please.

I agree. I much prefer short album titles. Long titles just feel so fucking pretentious to me.

TAKE IT BACK, TAKE IT BACK! :scream:

Achtung Baby is a perfect album in every way, including the title, and U2 should strive to make it all over again, with extra darkness please! :sad:

I think every U2 album title should reference a line from a Mel Brooks movie. Maybe the next one can be called Abby Normal.

It would have an enormous schwanzstucker.

Back
Top Bottom