I'm not familiar with all the various "deluxe" versions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Is it possible to buy the Milan DVD without having to buy a cd of songs we already have?

Oh that would be sweet if such a version was available, but I doubt it. I don't have much interest in buying the CD.

I keep hearing this DVD is to please the diehards, but the only way to get it is to buy a bunch of songs we already have?

Gee thanks, U2.

Reminds me of the "Rare and Unreleased" songs on Itunes which only the diehards would like, yet you have to spend 150 bucks on all the songs you already have to get them. :huh:

So people don't think it's BS that U2 are pretty much taking advantage of their hardcore fans?

That they dangle Rare and Unreleased material out there but then say, well you gotta spend 150 bucks on songs you already have to get them? That they dangle a DVD out there, but then say well you gotta buy another cd of songs we've already made you buy twice to get it?

Chizip said:
So people don't think it's BS that U2 are pretty much taking advantage of their hardcore fans?

That they dangle Rare and Unreleased material out there but then say, well you gotta spend 150 bucks on songs you already have to get them? That they dangle a DVD out there, but then say well you gotta buy another cd of songs we've already made you buy twice to get it?

i have no problem with U2 trying to please everyone(diehards, casual, and potential new fans). it's a smart business move. if i were in their position, i'd do the same thing.

I know there are ways to get it for free illegally. But it's the principle of the thing. If the DVD is for the diehards, why not make it available to purchase in a way where we dont have to spend money on a bunch of songs we already have?

The releases:

U218 Singles [1CD]
18 Single Tracks (19 in UK)

U218 Singles Deluxe [1CD + DVD]
18 Single Tracks (19 in UK)
10 Live Performances from Milan on DVD

U218 Singles [1 DVD]
18 Single Videos mirroring U218 Singles CD Release
Bonuses unknown as yet

The prices will vary depending on region, of course.

hmm they could have at least released a 2 DVD combo with the Singles DVD and Milan DVD together

then they would still be forcing us to buy 2 things, but at least neither of them wouldnt be something we already have

With the news of that IMAX 3D movie from S. American leg of the tour, I'm reconsidering this purchase and I'll probably go only for the Windows single.

10 songs vs a full length concert movie? :hmm:

I don't understand what is going on here. What relevance does the IMAX movie have upon DVD releases? You can't release an IMAX movie to DVD since you lose the "imax effect".

thelaj said:
I don't understand what is going on here. What relevance does the IMAX movie have upon DVD releases? You can't release an IMAX movie to DVD since you lose the "imax effect".

Sure you can, it's done all the time, it just ceases to have the IMAX effect.

I'm not familiar with playing dumb in order to make a repeated point get its own thread.....:wink:

The IMAX probably will be released on dvd. Many IMAX films are, especially big budget ones (i.e., "Jordan to the MAX"). Even low-budget ones about the ocean or airplanes end up on dvd. You don't get the "IMAX effect," but you also don't get the movie theater effect when a normal movie is put on dvd. :shrug:

Last edited:
Utoo said:
I'm not familiar with playing dumb in order to make a repeated point get its own thread.....:wink:

psh, i think we all know i'm naturally dumb

a deluxe edition not including the original product makes no sense
well, not to me

the fans will get the next album
and for most the greatest gift of that one will be having something more to complain about

Chizip said:

Yep, if there was a really good reason for piracy then U2 are creating it with their latest release. If you don't want a load of songs that have been released before then piracy is the answer.

thelaj said:

U218 Singles [1 DVD]
18 Single Videos mirroring U218 Singles CD Release
Bonuses unknown as yet

The prices will vary depending on region, of course.

The U2 18 DVD is costing 13,99 BTW on amazon

Chizip said:

Sorry, we already had this argument a few weeks ago. Sorry you missed it, but it's been resolved, and all U2 fans are now living in harmony. Have a great day!

:heart:

mikal said:

i have no problem with U2 trying to please everyone(diehards, casual, and potential new fans). it's a smart business move. if i were in their position, i'd do the same thing.

Why not release them seperately? Still pleases everyone.

phillyfan26 said:

Why not release them seperately? Still pleases everyone.

Coz U2 need their army of Spartans = Hardcore Fans , to boost the sellings of 18

The Other Not Elite Warriors Greeks = New Fans , won't do it enough to win the war

Yup breathin too much 300 , March can't come faster

If you dont want the singles CD give it to somebody that might appriciate it....the DVD will only add a few dollars to the price if that. If you cant afford 20 dollars you have more to worry about then buying music CDs and DVDs anyway then.

Back
Top Bottom