Here comes the press rollout...Time magazine cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone actually found U2 on the cover of time? I went to Barnes and Noble's and they have the 9/29 edition that has some football star on the cover but inside is the article about U2? Did they cut them from the cover?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Has anyone actually found U2 on the cover of time? I went to Barnes and Noble's and they have the 9/29 edition that has some football star on the cover but inside is the article about U2? Did they cut them from the cover?

The U2 cover is international only, not available in the US. Rather upset about that since it's absurdly overpriced on eBay. Would've liked to get one. Wonder why an international band like U2 didn't get the USA cover? Has Time commented on their choice not to feature them? Half tempted to email them....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

If someone from Europe would like a buddy from the states to tag team on purchasing/trading magazines from our regions for each other, send me a pm. I'd love to have a copy of Time with U2 on the cover.

Yea that sucks!
However I did see an International Time at Safeway the other day so maybe they will get the U2 one sometime :)

Yea that sucks!
However I did see an International Time at Safeway the other day so maybe they will get the U2 one sometime :)

Really? Interesting... :hmm: I should go take a look I guess. Yeah people on ebay are wanting like around $20. :|

The U2 cover is international only, not available in the US. Rather upset about that since it's absurdly overpriced on eBay. Would've liked to get one. Wonder why an international band like U2 didn't get the USA cover? Has Time commented on their choice not to feature them? Half tempted to email them....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Check this out

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/19insert-word-here-differences-between-time-magazine-us-and

Did someone at Time screw up and give the US the "real news" cover, and the non-news cover to the international edition? :wink:

I'm envisioning a mash-up of the two covers.

BONO CURES EBOLA!

(Now, I haven't seen the other cover. I'll just assume it's about ebola, because that's big in the news right now.)

Does anyone else think that the iTunes exclusive / free album thing is WAY too long.

I think the smartest move would have been to make it available for one week, up to 3 weeks at the longest. 5 weeks is just too long. I feel like we are at week three and the momentum is lost. They can't really do any more promotion for the physical release until after the 14th.

One week would have given it a bit of exclusivity, would have avoided a ton of the whole twitter furor, and they could have done the physical release during a slow period that would have most likely ensured them a number 1 spot on the charts.

Anyway, it feels like a major lull right now, and in todays world of moving onto the next thing quickly, that may be a bad thing.

Hopefully they come out swingin on the 15th, and get themselves out there again.

Have any of the interviewers asked the band about what happened at the time of the Invisible release and the seemingly aborted album launch? I'm really intrigued to know what happened during this period.

Have any of the interviewers asked the band about what happened at the time of the Invisible release and the seemingly aborted album launch? I'm really intrigued to know what happened during this period.

Yes, me too. Q should have asked. At least they were sitting on the photos that were taken for an earlier album release for a year and just published them now with the new U2 story.

Has anyone here been able to order the Q edition with the U2 cover online? I've been trying for days now but I always get a 404 error message when I try to access the site to order the mag.

Same for me. But I just tried again today and it appears to be working now.

Link: Q November 2014 Issue - Comebacks of the Year (U2 Cover)

Comes to ~$16.25 with shipping to the US :down:. I'm gonna poke around the local Barnes & Noble later this week, that's more than I'm willing to spend.

I tried to order the U2 cover today but the cover that comes up in the ordering process is the Kate Bush one. Does anyone else have this problem?

When does the current Q edition normally arrive to Central Europe? I'm pretty sure they won't have the U2 cover here. We missed out on the Achtung Baby cover CD as well. A friend who went to England had to get the edition with the CD for me.

I tried to order the U2 cover today but the cover that comes up in the ordering process is the Kate Bush one. Does anyone else have this problem?

When does the current Q edition normally arrive to Central Europe? I'm pretty sure they won't have the U2 cover here. We missed out on the Achtung Baby cover CD as well. A friend who went to England had to get the edition with the CD for me.

I tried on the first day it was available and the "U2" link always said "Kate Bush cover" every time. It's either a typo or they never had any U2 covers to sell so it went straight to the KB cover.

The book stores around here always get Q a couple weeks later so I'll wait and hopefully find one around here. :hmm:

Checked yesterday, still couple of old Q issues in the shelves. I hope when the new Q arrives here, there will be at least some U2 covers. Apparently all the links on the Q website aren't working right now :(

There is a one page piece in mojo magazine this month. I think kate bush is on the cover. Nice little interview not worth buying though as its only one page.

They gave a 4 out of 5 review for the album aswell

Back
Top Bottom