Get On Your Boots Single Tracklisting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think original b-sides are destined to iTunes and the UK/Jap album. That's the trend right now. CD singles, unfrotunately, are not that popular as before. If they want to upgrade the interest for legal downloads I'm tend to believe that the best b-sides go for that.

agreed. we're already getting a bonus (UK) track, and another exclusive Itunes track. don't worry people, we'll still see 3-4 quality b-sides. don't make me get out my "Jump To Conclusions Mat" out again.

people complained they would never get to hear *whatever mix gets cut* and now people are complaining they will get to hear it?

Amen!!! People are so weird sometimes!!!! Complain if they do complain if they don't and complain with everything in between. Ah well can't please everyone I guess. But for me I will wait until i hear them then if i don't like it I will complain till my hearts contempt!

I miss the late 80s and 90s when youd pick up a u2 cd single and it would have 2-3 rockin b-sides on it. Each single. A few remixes, but mostly new material. After 3-4 singles you'd have another album's worth of interesting 2nd tier material to listen to.

I wont say Im disappointed in the GOYB single, because I expected jack squat for b-sides. Just saying. :down:

I wonder why those other people are credited there. I expected for Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois but noe for the others. I know that Sam O'Sullivan is Larry's dum tech. That sounds very interesting, maybe they're all helping out with percussion of something. Awesome.

Umm what? Why do they release a version of NLOTH before the album is coming out when there will be TWO versions of NLOTH on the album, at least in some countries as a bonus track. Or is this a third version? Or a remix? I don't understand why they are releasing a remix before they release the album with the actual songs.

I think it would be lame to release the alternative version of NLOTH as a b-side first and then as a bonus track on some albums. I want a REAL bonus track.

I don't buy singles anyway, except when there are new B-sides, but I don't like remixes.

Btw, why are there so many people listed?

I don't see a problem with it. Think lady with the spinning head, or always. I disagree if nloth is in fact the extra track on the album. Very little imagination, I'd rather see mercy as a bside then.

I think it would make more sense to put the 'other' NLOTH as a bside to the NLOTH single. But yea, it'll be nice to hear the two versions.

I still fear what William has done with the records. :uhoh: Will U2 go hiphop?

People need to calm down about no new "B-sides" I for one am glad to see there are no new B-sides because as Billboard.com said they have recorded enough songs for an entire seperate album and if the songs are good enough I'd rather see them come out on another album than be banned to the world of B-sides and have people end up arguing whether the B-sides are better than what's on the album etc.

:up:

People need to calm down about no new "B-sides" I for one am glad to see there are no new B-sides because as Billboard.com said they have recorded enough songs for an entire seperate album and if the songs are good enough I'd rather see them come out on another album than be banned to the world of B-sides and have people end up arguing whether the B-sides are better than what's on the album etc.

That's what I'm hoping, don't waste the material on b-sides, just get us another release after a shorter wait.

I don't get it.

Why would you release a remix of a song that we haven't heard yet? (i.e. NLOTH)
wouldn't that kind of distort your expectation a little bit for the real thing? I'm sure they know what they're doing, but that struck me weird.

You would think they would give us something that didn't make the album to wet our appetites until March.....strange. I can't remember them actually doing something like this before.

I wonder why those other people are credited there. I expected for Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois but noe for the others. I know that Sam O'Sullivan is Larry's dum tech. That sounds very interesting, maybe they're all helping out with percussion of something. Awesome.

It makes absolute sense. I think this time all guys who contributed on songwriting got credited. Or, maybe they had some influence on the mixes. Definitely, WiliAm remixed NLOTH as it's been reported by Q.

Well, they also had a lot of material to choose from from the previous two recordings and they did not exactly put out another record straight away (as far as I remember). Anyway, le's be honest - it's two boooring tracklists. And why the #=)¤((# don't they just release one single when the tracklisting is so wheak.
:doh:

I don't get it.

Why would you release a remix of a song that we haven't heard yet? (i.e. NLOTH)
wouldn't that kind of distort your expectation a little bit for the real thing? I'm sure they know what they're doing, but that struck me weird.

You would think they would give us something that didn't make the album to wet our appetites until March.....strange. I can't remember them actually doing something like this before.

I think the only people who are burned about that are on interference. Most of the population aren't going to feel mentally raped about a remix. I'm more interested in what the bonus track might be on the album.

I'm surprised they aren't releasing an orignal b-side for the GOYB single. For Vertigo they released Are You Gonna Wait Forever and a cover of Neon lights. It seems odd releasing a remix of the opening and title track of the new album. It would be like releasing a remix of Zoo Station on the Fly single. Sounds interesting though.

That would make sense...ONLY if they had just another 11 songs sitting there left over from this last session. But they had 50-60 songs, with probably atleast 20-30 that were b-side material. So I don't think I can agree with you on that one.

I take these tracklistings with a huge grain of salt !

Same here. Plus I don't find anything about it on amazon U.S.

Plus it says

"Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

If all that were confirmed it would be on pre-order availability like the album is.

No joke. why would they do that?

Hey before you read my published novel, here is a version where a dude mixed up the pages. Enjoy!

but we don't know that this is not the album version. i've seen many bands release another track off their album with the single as a bonus. maybe it's U2's way of appeasing our crazy fan base after the delay.

That would make sense...ONLY if they had just another 11 songs sitting there left over from this last session. But they had 50-60 songs, with probably atleast 20-30 that were b-side material. So I don't think I can agree with you on that one.

A.) U2(read: Bono) tend to exaggerate - you don't know in what form those
"50 to 60 songs" are in.....how finished or unfinished they are...you had Edge say they put away some songs in deference to Rick Rubin and would come back to them at a later time..maybe they'll actually record them with Rick or really shock us and put out another album within 2 years.

B.) I think some people are forgetting the Spiderman musical...I think some of those songs recorded ended up there or will end up there...I have a hard time believing that U2 recorded up to 50 or 60 songs and then on top of that Bono and The Edge came up with 2+ hours of even more music for the Broadway show..they simply don't have enough time in their lives to have been able to come up with that output of work(with Bono's commitments and band familiy commitments)...its next to impossible

i'd like to add they might be unsure what to use as b-side material too. Didn't larry say he wanted to get out another album sooner rather than later? they might be saving their b-sides to work on again at a later date, especially if they want a quick second release.

A.) U2(read: Bono) tend to exaggerate - you don't know in what form those
"50 to 60 songs" are in.....how finished or unfinished they are...you had Edge say they put away some songs in deference to Rick Rubin and would come back to them at a later time..maybe they'll actually record them with Rick or really shock us and put out another album within 2 years.

B.) I think some people are forgetting the Spiderman musical...I think some of those songs recorded ended up there or will end up there...I have a hard time believing that U2 recorded up to 50 or 60 songs and then on top of that Bono and The Edge came up with 2+ hours of even more music for the Broadway show..they simply don't have enough time in their lives to have been able to come up with that output of work(with Bono's commitments and band familiy commitments)...its next to impossible

right. and i think U2's statement our interpretation of 50-60 songs may be a little inaccurate. they probably had 50-60 parts of songs (similar to the Salome Outtakes), where many times 2 or 3 songs get molded into one. with that said, i believe they still have a lot of material that they plan on revisiting.

1. Youre lucky to be getting a single at all 98 percent of bands dont even release singles in a physical format.

2. If you dont want it dont buy it.

Same here. Plus I don't find anything about it on amazon U.S.

Plus it says

"Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

If all that were confirmed it would be on pre-order availability like the album is.

Sicy ...unless it's an import single U2 doesn't release physical singles in the U.S. anymore...they haven't since POP....that's why some of their singles haven't done well chartwise since you have no sales figures of a single to combine with radio airplay..U2 singles are limited to radio airplay and we all know in the U.S. most radio is cheesy top 40,urban hip hop and R&B..rock radio is a dying breed with most rock stations leaning towards the more hardcore rock or metal bands

that's why I bought satellite radio:D

Anyone else find it interesting that Eno is credited before U2 are for GOYB?

Back
Top Bottom