Get On Your Boots (Punk Version)? - Confirmed: 2 Bonus Tracks on NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this has been discussed, it's a misprint. I remember that someone downloaded it and confirmed.

yeah, no one bother with that, it's exactly the same as iTunes... There was a discussion on it here when it first appeared....

really suprised that b-sides and extra tracks haven't been confirmed yet, especially when they are asking for pre-orders.

With regard to the Punk Version, did the released song differ greatly from the beach clip? Maybe the punk clip is a rougher earlier version?

Yeah, I bet the "punk version" is Sexy Boots (like it was in Beach Clip 3). Edge did say recently (when talking about the song's video) that they changed direction with the song at the lasy minute and turned Sexy Boots into Get On Your Boots. It'll be interesting to hear what it sounds like 'cause I really like the beach clip, and it'll be great to have 2 versions on NLOTH :)

Why is everyone talking about this 1 and 2 thing? It's not like someone came up with this super out there idea to make a part 1 and 2. It's just how things are done. Movies, books, songs, albums, whatever.

they all ripped it off the bible Kings I and Kings II, it's so fucking obvious...

It would be funny if the Punk Version is really 5:23, a calipso version in line with SFA's Juxtaposed With You, with the coconuts from Red Light singing "Welcome Aboard!!!" before every "You don't know how beautiful you are...".

seeing as last time around they saved my favorite song for the bonus track, which of course i didn't purchase

Can you elaborate?

I just got one of those customized banner ads in my gmail account, saying "U2 - New Album - apple.com/U2 - Pre-order "No Line On The Horizon" and get 2 bonus tracks here!"

So I went and checked it out, and it's confirmed: $17.99 for the "Deluxe" edition on iTunes, which has 2 bonus tracks :)drool:) -- and apparently you have to pre-order NLOTH in order to get one of the bonus tracks. No names are provided yet for the 2 extra songs.

No wonder Bono said the album's long! :wink:

I just got one of those customized banner ads in my gmail account, saying "U2 - New Album - apple.com/U2 - Pre-order "No Line On The Horizon" and get 2 bonus tracks here!"

So I went and checked it out, and it's confirmed: $17.99 for the "Deluxe" edition on iTunes, which has 2 extra bonus tracks :)drool:) -- and apparently you have to pre-order it in order to get one of the bonus tracks. No names are provided yet for the extra songs.

No wonder Bono said the album's long! :wink:

Oh, okay. This isn't new. It's been saying that for a while. I thought you had confirmation of some sort. The question is still: are we talking real songs or remixes or what?

Oh, okay. This isn't new. It's been saying that for a while. I thought you had confirmation of some sort. The question is still: are we talking real songs or remixes or what?

D'oh! My bad, if this isn't news. :reject: Yeah, no official confirmation yet or anything on titles or if they're remixes, etc.

Sicy, feel free to merge!

Yeah they have been up there since the album was available for pre-order on iTunes. Darn, I was hoping to hear what they would be.

U2 supposedly recorded 50 to 60 songs last year, and the best they can offer for bonus tracks are remixes? :down:

I'm feeling nostalgic to the good old days when U2 offered up great b-sides to compliment the singles from the album. What happened to those days?

Would you rather have a few crappy b sides now or a new album in a year ?

Be positive.

Back
Top Bottom