Extra Tracks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why are people calling it a double album? This second disc apparently has only 2 new songs. It's not like we're getting 20 new songs. Acoustic versions and alternate takes/remixes are nice, but that doesn't account for a "double album." It's a bonus disc.

I think some are secretly thinking we'll get SOE as a surprise release with the physical release, I think we'll see it right before the tour.

I think companion album is more apt a term.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why are people calling it a double album? This second disc apparently has only 2 new songs. It's not like we're getting 20 new songs. Acoustic versions and alternate takes/remixes are nice, but that doesn't account for a "double album." It's a bonus disc.

We don't really know what the alternate takes are. They could just be business as usual remixes, or they could be more interesting. And then there's the acoustic tracks. Again, they could just be ho-hum versions of the songs, or they could be really interesting. It's difficult to judge it all until we've heard it.

In any case, we're clearly looking at 2 CDs for Soi and maybe around 20 tracks.

Lykke Li said in an interview the other day that she recorded an original version of Trouble, then came back twelve months later to re-record because the band had totally changed the key of the song. I think that this original version is the "Alternative version". Notice it does not say "Alternative mix". Cool huh?

Actually, notice it says "alternative version" not "alternate version". Alternative genre?

I always thought the beach clip sounded like a rock song

They said it wasn't decided how many acoustic songs there would be ...up to 7 is possible. Knowing how pissed other retailers are of the Apple deal, it is possible they will pad up the physical release a bit more than originally planned.

I guess with all the extra material, acoustic versions and alternative versions we're in for a double CD? There's no info about that yet on Amazon, though you can already order the album, but with all the additional stuff it's hard to imagine it would only be one CD. I guess it will be the original album on one disc and the extra stuff on the second one. Anyway, cannot wait to have it :up:

I'm fearing a One Direction style release/marketing plan whereby we get a total of 6-7 acoustic tracks and maybe a couple of demos but Target, Walmart, Amazon & Tesco each get a unique track so you need to buy several versions to get the lot.

I'm fearing a One Direction style release/marketing plan whereby we get a total of 6-7 acoustic tracks and maybe a couple of demos but Target, Walmart, Amazon & Tesco each get a unique track so you need to buy several versions to get the lot.

Torrent

Back
Top Bottom